How to Modify the GNAT Frontend to Experiment with Ada Extensions?
This paper describes how we modified GNAT to experiment with one Ada extension. Our proposed extension, named Drago, is designed to support the implementation of fault-tolerant distributed applications. It is the result of an effort to impose discipline and give linguistic support to the main concepts of the Isis communication toolkit, as well as to experiment with the group communication paradigm. In this paper we briefly introduce Drago, and describe the modifications made to the GNAT scanner, parser, and semantic analyzer.
KeywordsCompilers Ada Distributed Systems Fault-Tolerant Systems
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Comar, C., Gasperoni, F., and Schoberg, E. The GNAT Project: A GNU-Ada9X Compiler. Technical report. New York University. 1994.Google Scholar
- 2.Miranda, J., áAlvarez, A., Guerra, F. and Arévalo, S. Drago: A Language for Programming Fault-Tolerant and Cooperative Distributed Applications. Reference Manual. http://www.cma.ulpgc.es/users/gsd/
- 3.Miranda, J., álvarez, A., Arévalo, S. and Guerra, F. Drago: An Ada Extension to Program Fault-Tolerant Distributed Applications. Reliable Software Technologies. Ada-Europe’96. 1996. pp.235–246.Google Scholar
- 4.Birman, K., R. Cooper, T. Joseph, K. Marzullo, M. Makpangou, K. Kane, F. Schmuck, and M. Wood. The Isis System Manual. Version 2.1. September 1990.Google Scholar
- 5.Schneider, F.B. Implementing Fault-tolerant Services Using the State Machine Approach: A Tutorial. ACM Computing Surveys, 22(4), December 1990.Google Scholar
- 6.Intermetrics, Inc. 1995. Ada 95 Language Reference Manual. Intermetrics, Inc., Cambridge, Mass. (January).Google Scholar
- 7.Guerra, F., Arévalo, S., álvarez, A., and Miranda, J. A Distributed Consensus Protocol with a Coordinator. International Conference on Decentralized and Distributed Systems ICDDS’93. IFIP, Palma de Mallorca (Spain). September 1993.Google Scholar
- 8.Guerra, F. and Miranda, J. and álvarez, A. and Arévalo, S. An Ada Library to Program Fault-Tolerant Distributed Applications. Reliable Software Technologies. Ada-Europe’97. 1997. pp.230–243.Google Scholar