Case-Based Reasoning for Candidate List Extraction in a Marketing Domain.
This paper describes a software tool called CALIBRE (Candidate Library Retrieval). The tool incorporates case-base reasoning to support the extraction of candidate lists for targeted marketing campaigns. The tool has been aimed at users in the marketing domain. This domain is characterised by very large databases containing many Terabytes of customer related information. Large systems such as these require careful management of the queries being submitted to optimise the use of processing and storage resources. The CBR approach encourages consistent best practice as well as cutting down on valuable negotiation time. An early prototype has been built and is currently used for experimental purposes.
KeywordsFeature Score Data Mining Process Case Retrieval Data Mart Socket Communication
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Aamodt, A., Plaza, E.: Case-Based Reasoning: Foundational Issues, methodological Variations, and System Approaches. AI Communications 7(1), 39–52, 1994Google Scholar
- Leake, D.: Case-Based Reasoning: Experiences, Lessons, & Future Directions. AAAI Press, ISBN 0-262-62110-X LEACP, 1997Google Scholar
- Piatetsky-Shapiro, G., Frawley, W.J. (eds), Knowledge Discovery in Databases, AAAI Press, 1991.Google Scholar
- Ribeiro, J.S., Kaufmann, K.A., Kerschberg, L., ‘Knowledge Discovery from Multiple Databases’, in KDD-95: Proc. of the 1st Int’l Conf. on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining, U.M. Fayyad, R. Uthurusamy (eds.), AAAI Press, 1995, pp240–245.Google Scholar
- Brightware Inc (1996). ARTScript Programming Guide 3, Rules & CBRGoogle Scholar
- Brown, M. (1993). A Memory model for Case Retrieval by Activation Passing, Department of Computer Science, Manchester University.Google Scholar
- Fagan, M, Corley S L, ‘CBR for the Reuse of Corporate SQL Knowledge’ in Advances in Case-Based Reasoning, EWCBR-98. Springer-Verlag, pp382–391.Google Scholar
- Schank, R.C., Abelson, R. (1977) Scipts, Plans; Goals and Understanding: An Inquiry into Human Knowledge Structures.Google Scholar
- SAS, http://www.sas.com/
- Richard Stevens, W. (1990). UNIX Network Programming, Prentice-Hall.Google Scholar
- Kitano, H., Shibata, A., Shimazu, H., Kajihara, J., & Sato, A. (1992) Building large-scale and corporate wide case-based systems In, Proceedings of AAAI-92Google Scholar
- Netten, B.D., & Vingerhoeds, R.A. (1995) Large-scale fault diagnosis for on-board train systems In, Case-Based Reasoning Research and DevelopmentGoogle Scholar
- Waltz, D. (1996) Large-Scale Applications of CBR In, Advances in Case-Based ReasoningGoogle Scholar
- Schaaf, J.W (1996) Fish and Shrink: A Next Step Towards Efficient Case Retrieval in Large-Scale Case Bases In, Advances in Case-Based ReasoningGoogle Scholar