Part of the Lecture Notes in Computer Science book series (LNCS, volume 1709)
Formal justification of the rely-guarantee paradigm for shared-variable concurrency: a semantic approach
This paper introduces a semantic analysis of the Rely-Guarantee (R-G) approach to the compositional verification of shared-variable concurrency. The main contribution is a new completeness proof.
- G. Berry. The Constructive Semantics of Esterel. Book in preparation, http://www-sop.inria.fr/meije/esterel/doc/main-papers.html, 1999.
- S. Brookes. A fully abstract semantics of a shared variable parallel language. In Proceedings 8th Annual IEEE Symposium on Logic in Computer Science, IEEE Computer Society Press, pages 98–109, 1993.Google Scholar
- F.S. de Boer, J.N. Kok, C. Palamedessi, and J.J.M.M. Rutten. The failure of failures: towards a paradigm for asynchronous communication. In Baeten and Groote, editors, CONCUR’91, LNCS 527. Springer-Verlag, 1991.Google Scholar
- W.-P. de Roever. The quest for compositionality-a survey of assertion-based proof systems for concurrent programs, part 1: Concurrency based on shared variables. In Proc. of IFIP Working Conf, The Role of Abstract Models in Computer Science, North-Holland, 1985.Google Scholar
- W.-P. de Roever, F.S. de Boer, U. Hannemann, J. Hooman, Y. Lakhnech, M. Poel, and J. Zwiers. Concurrency Verification: An Introduction to State-based Methods. To appear.Google Scholar
- J. Hooman. Compositional Verification of Real-Time Applications. In W.-P. de Roever, H. Langmaack, and A. Pnueli (eds.) Compositionality: The Significant Difference. International Symposium, COMPOS’97, Bad Malente, Germany, September 8-12, 1997. pp. 130–149, Springer-Verlag, LNCS 1536, 1998.Google Scholar
- C.B. Jones. Development methods for computer programs including a notion of interference. PhD thesis, Oxford University Computing Laboratory, 1981.Google Scholar
- E. Stark. A proof technique for rely/guarantee properties. In Proceedings of 5th Conference on Foundations of Software Technology and Theoretical Computer Science, LNCS 206, pages 369–391. Springer-Verlag, 1985.Google Scholar
- Q. Xu. A theory of state-based parallel programming. DPhil. Thesis, Oxford University computing Laboratory, 1992.Google Scholar
© Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 1999