A more complete TLA
This paper defines a generalization of Lamport’s Temporal Logic of Actions.We prove that our logic is stuttering-invariant and give an axiomatization of its propositional fragment. We also show that standard TLA is as expressive as our extension once quantification over flexible propositions is added.
KeywordsInduction Hypothesis Temporal Logic Propositional Logic Proof System Atomic Proposition
- Martín Abadi. An axiomatization of Lamport’s Temporal Logic of Actions. In Jos C. M. Baeten and Jan W. Klop, editors, CONCUR’ 90, Theories of Concurrency: Unification and Extension, volume 458 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pages 57–69, Berlin, 1990. Springer-Verlag. A revised version is available on the Web at http://www.research.digital. com/SRC/personal/Martin Abadi/allpapers.html.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Martín Abadi and Leslie Lamport. An old-fashioned recipe for real time. Research Report 91, Digital Equipment Corporation, Systems Research Center, 1992. An earlier version, without proofs, appeared in [7, pages 1–27].Google Scholar
- Martín Abadi and Stephan Merz. An abstract account of composition. In Jiří Wiedermann and Petr Hajek, editors, Mathematical Foundations of Computer Science, volume 969 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pages 499–508, Berlin, 1995. Springer-Verlag.Google Scholar
- Martín Abadi and Stephan Merz. On TLA as a logic. In Manfred Broy, editor, Deductive Program Design, NATO ASI series F, pages 235–272. Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 1996.Google Scholar
- Dov Gabbay, Amir Pnueli, S. Shelah, and Jonathan Stavi. On the temporal analysis of fairness. In Proceedings of the 7th Annual ACM Symposium on Principles of Programming Languages, pages 163–173. ACM, 1980.Google Scholar
- Leslie Lamport. What good is temporal logic? In R. E. A. Mason, editor, Information Processing 83: Proceedings of the IFIP 9th World Congress, pages 657–668, Paris, September 1983. IFIP, North-Holland.Google Scholar
- Leslie Lamport. Hybrid systems in TLA+. In Robert L. Grossman, Anil Nerode, Anders P. Ravn, and Hans Rischel, editors, Hybrid Systems, volume 736 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pages 77–102. Springer-Verlag, 1993.Google Scholar
- Leslie Lamport. Refinement in state-based formalisms. Technical Note 1996-001, Digital Equipment Corporation, Systems Research Center, Palo Alto, California, December 1996.Google Scholar
- Stephan Merz. A more complete TLA. Technical Report, Institut für Informatik, Universität München. Available on the WWW at URL http://www.pst.informatik.uni-muenchen.de/~merz/papers/gtla.html, 1999.
- Stephan Merz. Isabelle/TLA. Available on the WWW at URL http://www.pst.informatik.uni-muenchen. de/~merz/isabelle/, 1997. Revised 1999.
- Amir Pnueli. System specification and refinement in temporal logic. In R.K. Shyamasundar, editor, Foundations of Software Technology and Theoretical Computer Science, volume 652 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pages 1–38. Springer-Verlag, 1992.Google Scholar