EPL-Julia the High-Performance Library for Evolutionary Computations
This paper presents concept and implementation of EPL-Julia, the C++ framework elaborated to support evolutionary computations. The considered library is designed for high performance but it also offers great flexibility and functionality. In this package, we combine different programming techniques to develop template functions and classes, which allow efficient implementation of various evolutionary methods. In the paper, we discuss the library architecture, and we give results of comparison between our software and other packages, such as galib.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Barotn, J.J., Nackman, L.R.: Scientifing and Engineering C++. Addison-Wesley, 1999.Google Scholar
- 2.Eisenecker, U.: Generative Programming with C++. J. Mod. Prog. Lang. 1024 (1997) 351–365.Google Scholar
- 3.GALib Genetic Algorithms Library, available at http://lancet.mit.edu/ga
- 4.Goldberg, D.E., Genetic Algorithms in Search, Optimization and Machine Learning, Addison-Wesley, 1989.Google Scholar
- 6.Michalewicz, Z.: Genetic Algorithms + Data Structures = Evolution Programs. Springer-Verlag, 1996.Google Scholar
- 7.Musser, D.R., Derge, G.J., Saini, A.: STL Tutorial and Reference Guide. Addison-Wesley, 2001.Google Scholar
- 8.Practical Handbook of Genetic Algorithms, vol. 1,2. Chambers, L. ed. CRC Press, 1995.Google Scholar
- 9.Shende, S., et al.: Portable Profiling and Tracing for Parallel Scientific Applications using C++. Proc. of SPDT’98, 134–145, 1998.Google Scholar
- 10.STL Programmers’ Guide available at http://www.sgi.com/tech/stl
- 11.Zola, J., Wyrzykowski, R.: STL Based Library for Evolutionary Programs, Proc. of the Year 2K SGI Users’ Conf., 468–473, Poland, 2000.Google Scholar