Modeling and Schedulability Analysis of Hard Real-Time Distributed Systems Based on Ada Components
- First Online:
The paper proposes a methodology for modeling distributed real-time applications written in Ada 95 and its Annexes D and E. The real-time model obtained is analyzable with a set of tools that includes multiprocessor priority assignment and worst-case schedulability analysis for checking hard real-time requirements. This methodology models independently the platform (processors, communication networks, operating systems, or peripheral drivers), the logical components used (processing requirements, shared resources or remote components), and the real-time situations of the application itself (real-time transactions, workload or timing requirements). It automates the modeling of local and remote access to distributed services. The methodology is formulated with UML, and therefore the software logic design as well as its real-time model may be represented inside any UML CASE tool. The real-time model obtained is analyzable with a set of tools that includes multiprocessor priority assignment and worst-case schedulability analysis for checking hard real-time requirements.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- S. Tucker Taft, and R.A. Duff (Eds.) “Ada 95 Reference Manual. Language and Standard Libraries”. International Standard ISO/IEC 8652:1995(E), in LNCS 1246, Springer, 1997.Google Scholar
- L. Pautet and S. Tardieu: “GLADE: a Framework for Building Large Object-Oriented Real-Time Distributed Systems. Proc. of the 3rd IEEE”. Intl. Symposium on Object-Oriented Real-Time Distributed Computing, (ISORC’00) Newport Beach, USA, March 2000.Google Scholar
- Luís Miguel Pinho, “Distributed and Real-Time: Session summary”, 10th.Intl. Real-Time Ada Workshop, IRTAW’01, Ávila, Spain, in Ada Letters, Vol. XXI, Number 1, March 2001.Google Scholar
- Ada-Core Technologies, Ada 95 GNAT Pro, http:// www.gnat.com/
- M. González Harbour, J.J. Gutiérrez, J.C. Palencia and J.M. Drake: “MAST: Modeling and Analysis Suite for Real-Time Applications” Proceedings of the Euromicro Conference on Real-Time Systems, Delft, The Netherlands, June 2001.Google Scholar
- J.L. Medina, M. González Harbour, and J.M. Drake: “MAST Real-Time View: A Graphic UML Tool for Modeling Object-Oriented Real-Time Systems” RTSS’01, London, December, 2001Google Scholar
- J.C. Palencia, and M. González Harbour, “Exploiting Precedence Relations in the Schedulability Analysis of Distributed Real-Time Systems”. Proceedings of the 20th IEEE Real-Time Systems Symposium, 1999.Google Scholar