An Intelligent Teaching Assistant System for Logic
This paper presents the Logic-ITA, an Intelligent Teaching Assistant system for the teaching/learning of propositional logic. Intelligent Teaching Assistant Systems are dedicated both to learners and teachers. The system embeds three tools: the Logic Tutor, the LT-Configurator and the LT-Analyser. The Logic Tutor is an intelligent tutoring system destined to the students. The other two tools are dedicated to the teacher. The LT-Configurator manages teaching configuration settings and material. The LT-Analyser is for monitoring the class’ progress and collect data.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Abraham, D., Crawford, L., Lesta, L., Merceron, A., Yacef, K. (2001). The Logic Tutor: A multimedia presentation, Interactive Multimedia Electronic Journal of Computer-Enhanced Learning, October 2001 issue (http://imej.wfu.edu/articles/2001/2/03/index.asp).
- 3.Brusilovsky, P., Schwarz, E., and Weber, G. (1996). ELM-ART: An intelligent tutoring system on World Wide Web. In C. Frasson, G. Gauthier, & A. Lesgold (Eds.), Third International Conference on Intelligent Tutoring Systems, ITS-96 (Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Vol. 1086), Berlin: Springer Verlag, pp. 261–269.Google Scholar
- 4.Croy, M.J. (1989) CAI and Empirical Explorations of Deductive Proof Construction. In The Computers and Philosophy Newsletter, Vol 4, 111–127.Google Scholar
- 5.Kay, J. (2000). Invited keynote: Stereotypes, student models and scrutability. In Gauthier, G, Frasson, C & VanLehn, K (Eds): 5th International Conference on Intelligent Tutoring Systems, 19–30.Google Scholar
- 7.Kobsa, A. (2001). Tailoring Privacy to Users’ Needs (Invited Keynote). In M. Bauer, P. J. Gmytrasiewicz and J. Vassileva, eds.: User Modeling 2001: 8th International Conference. Berlin-Heidelberg: Springer Verlag, 303–313.Google Scholar
- 10.Wiggins, G & Trewin, S. (2000). A System for Concerned Teaching of Musical Aural Skills. In Proceedings of the 5th International Conference on Intelligent Tutoring Systems, Gauthier, G., Frasson, C & VanLehn, K (Eds), pp 494–503.Google Scholar
- 11.Yacef, K (2002). Intelligent Teaching Assistant Systems. University of Sydney Technical Report 533.Google Scholar