Adaptive Real Time Comment Generation for Sail Racing Scenarios
We describe a comment generation subsystem developed as part of an expert authoring system for sail racing scenarios. The result of the expert system analysis is sent to a multimedia presentation subsystem composed of a 3D player and a speaker agent. Comments output by the text-to-speech component must be carefully generated so that they are concise, relevant, non repetitive and timely since they must be synchronized with the 3D animation. The comment generation process is adaptive with respect to the time available and to the user profile and preferences.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Cisternino A., Del Cioppo E., Marotta P., Pacini G., Silenzi A., Simi M.: An expert authoring tool for dynamic scenarios, Proc. of ED-MEDIA, (2001)Google Scholar
- 2.Kitano, H., Asada, M., Osawa, E., Noda, I., Kuniyoshi, Y., Matsubara, H.: RoboCup: A Challenge Problem for AI, AI Magazine, Vol. 18, No. 1, (1997)Google Scholar
- 3.Microsoft Agent Software Development Kit, Microsoft Press, Redmond, (1999)Google Scholar
- 4.Cole, A., et al: Survey of the State of the Art in Human Language Tecnology, Kluwer, Dordrecht, (1996)Google Scholar
- 5.Wahlster: Intelligent Multimedia Interface Agents, Tutorial MICAI 2000, (1999)Google Scholar
- 6.Feiner S.K., McKeown K.R.: Generating Coordinated Multimedia Explana-tions, Proceedings of the 6th IEEE Conference on A.I. Applications, (1990)Google Scholar
- 7.Fraczak L., Lapalme G., Zock M.: Automatic generation of subway directions: salience gradation as a factor for determining message and form, Proceedings.of the Ninth International Workshop on Language Generation, Canada, (1998)Google Scholar
- 8.Voelz D., André E., Herzog G., Rist, T.: RoCCo: A RoboCup Soccer Commentator System, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Vol 1604, (1999)Google Scholar