Art of Drawing
This is an extended summary of an invited talk given by the author at Graph Drawing 1999. The text contains some of the basic ideas together with an outline of the whole lecture. As an appendix we included Nešetřil - Načeradský 1995 Manifesto. This paper does not contain any of the extensive illustrations which accompanied the lecture (of course this is a paradox in itself: a paper on drawing without drawings). This is necessary due to the format of these proceedings. Moreover the lecture was conceived as a multimedia show (with slides, CD projection and transparencies accompanying the lecture on three different screens) and this is hard in any case to reproduce in the print form.
Thus, with a single exception, there are no accompanying figures here. For the benefit of the reader we included the list of our exhibition and an interested reader can get more complete information from the preprint KAM-DIMATIA Series 99-437 (). One can also consult the two-volume set  and related works of the author ,  and  (and references given there). This text was prepared especially for the conference on Graph Drawing.
- Hubert Damisch: The origins of Perspective,MIT Press, 1994, original French edition Flamarion 1887Google Scholar
- Marcel Duchamp: The writings of Marcel Duchamp (ed. M. Sanouilet, E. Peterson), Oxford University Press 1973Google Scholar
- Thierry de Duve: Kant after Duchamp, MIT Press 1998Google Scholar
- Michel Foucault: The Archeology of Knowledge, Pantheon Books, New York 1972Google Scholar
- Michel Mendès France, Jaroslav Nešetřil: Fragments of a Dialogue, KAM Series 95–308Google Scholar
- Wassily Kandinsky: Punkt und Linie zur Fläche, Bauhaus Books, reprinetd (in English) Dover 1979Google Scholar
- Joseph Kosuth: Art after Philosophy I,II. In: Idea Art (ed. G. Battcock), Dutton, 1973Google Scholar
- Jaroslav Nešetřil: Mathematics and Art, Universität Bonn, 1991Google Scholar
- Jaroslav Nešetřil: An Essay on Art and Mathematics, From the Logical Point of View, 2, 2/93 (1994), 50–72Google Scholar
- Jaroslav Nešetřil: Art of Drawing, KAM-DIMATIA Series 99–437Google Scholar
- Jaroslav Nešetřil, Jiří Načeradský: Anthropogeometry (2 volumes), Rabasova Gallery, Rakovníck-Praha, 1999Google Scholar
- Magister Theodoricus-Court Painter to Emperor Charles IV (ed. J. Fajt), Národní Galerie, Praha, 1997Google Scholar