Patterns in Words versus Patterns in Trees: A Brief Survey and New Results
Part of the Lecture Notes in Computer Science book series (LNCS, volume 1755)
In this paper we study some natural problems related to specifying sets of words and trees by patterns.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [Cas94]J. Cassaigne. Motifs évitables et régularités dans les mots. Thèse de doctorat, Université Paris VI, 1994.Google Scholar
- [CHI99]R. Cole, R. Hariharan, and P. Indyk. Tree pattern matching and subset matching in deterministic o(n log3 n)-time. In Proceedings of the 10th Annual ACM-SIAM Symposium on Discrete Algorithms, Baltymore, Maryland, January 17–19, 1999, pages 245–254. ACM, SIAM, 1999.Google Scholar
- [CJ97]H. Comon and F. Jacquemard. Ground reducibility is EXPTIME-complete. In Proceedings, Twelth Annual IEEE Symposium on Logic in Computer Science, pages 26–34, Warsaw, Poland, 29 June–2 July 1997. IEEE Computer Society Press.Google Scholar
- [Com88]H. Comon. Unification et disunification. Théories et applications. Thèse de Doctorat d’Université, Institut Polytechnique de Grenoble (France), 1988.Google Scholar
- [DJ90]N. Dershowitz and J.-P. Jouannaud. Handbook of Theoretical Computer Science, volume B, chapter 6: Rewrite Systems, pages 244–320. Elsevier Science Publishers B. V. (North-Holland), 1990. Also as: Research report 478, LRI.Google Scholar
- [DJK91]N. Dershowitz, J.-P. Jouannaud, and J.W. Klop. Open problems in rewriting. In R. V. Book, editor, Proceedings 4th Conference on Rewriting Techniques and Applications, Como (Italy), volume 488 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pages 445–456. Springer-Verlag, 1991.Google Scholar
- [Fil88]G. Filè. The relation of two patterns with comparable languages. In R. Cori M. Wirsing, editor, Proceedings of the 5th Annual Symposium on Theoretical Aspects of Computer Science (STACS’ 88), volume 294 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pages 184–192, Bordeaux, France, February 1988. Springer.Google Scholar
- [GP99]G. Gottlob and R. Pichler. Working with ARMs: Complexity results on atomic representations of Herbrand models. In Proceedings of LICS’99, 1999. to appear, available from http://www.dbai.tuwien.ac.at/staff/gottlob/arms.ps.
- [HH92]D. Hofbauer and M. Huber. Computing linearizations using test sets. In M. Rusinowitch and J.-L. Rémy, editors, Proceedings 3rd International Workshop on Conditional Term Rewriting Systems, Pont-à-Mousson (France), pages 145–149. CRIN and INRIA-Lorraine, 1992.Google Scholar
- [JSSY93]T. Jiang, A. Salomaa, K. Salomaa, and S. Yu. Inclusion is undecidable for pattern languages. In Svante Carlsson Andrzej Lingas, Rolf G. Karlsson, editor, Automata, Languages and Programming, 20th International Colloquium, volume 700 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pages 301–312, Lund, Sweden, 5–9 July 1993. Springer-Verlag.Google Scholar
- [KP98]G. Kucherov and D. Plaisted. The complexity of some complementation problems. submitted, 1998.Google Scholar
- [KR95a]G. Kucherov and M. Rusinowitch. Complexity of testing ground reducibility for linear word rewriting systems with variables. In Proceedings 4th International Workshop on Conditional and Typed Term Rewriting Systems, Jerusalem (Israel), volume 968 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pages 262–275. Springer-Verlag, 1995.Google Scholar
- [KT92]G. Kucherov and M. Tajine. Decidability of regularity and related properties of ground normal form languages. In M. Rusinowitch and J.-L. Rémy, editors, Proceedings 3rd International Workshop on Conditional Term Rewriting Systems, Pont-à-Mousson (France), pages 150–156. CRIN and INRIA-Lorraine, 1992.Google Scholar
- [Kuc91]G. A. Kucherov. On relationship between term rewriting systems and regular tree languages. In R. V. Book, editor, Proceedings 4th Conference on Rewriting Techniques and Applications, Como (Italy), volume 488 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pages 299–311. Springer-Verlag, April 1991.Google Scholar
- [MS94]A. Mateescu and A. Salomaa. Nondeterminism in patterns. In P. Enjalbert, E.W. Mayr, and K.W. Wagner, editors, Proceedings of the 11th Annual Symposium on Theoretical Aspects of Computer Science (STACS’94), Caen, France, February 1994, volume 775 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pages 661–668. Springer-Verlag, 1994.Google Scholar
- [NP92]M. Nivat and A. Podelski, editors. Tree Automata and Languages. Studies in Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence 10. North-Holland, 1992.Google Scholar
- [Pic99]R. Pichler. The explicit representability of implicit generalizations. submitted, april 1999.Google Scholar
- [Shi82]T. Shinohara. Polynomial time inference of pattern langages and its applications. In Proceedings of the 7th IBM Symposium on Mathematical Foundations of Computer Science, Mathematical Theory of Computations/The Complexity of Algorithms, pages 191–209, 1982.Google Scholar
© Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2000