Real-Time Automata and the Kleene Algebra of Sets of Real Numbers
A commutative complemented Kleene algebra of sets of (positive) real numbers is introduced. For the subalgebra generated by finite unions of rational intervals a normal form is found. These are then applied to the complementation problem for real-time automata.
KeywordsNormal Form Boolean Algebra Regular Expression Regular Language Rational Interval
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [AFH94]R. Alur, L. Fix and T.A. Henzinger. A determinizable class of timed automata, in Computer-Aided Verification, LNCS 818:1–13, Springer Verlag, 1994.Google Scholar
- [ACM97]E. Asarin, P. Caspi and O. Maler, A Kleene Theorem for Timed Automata, in G. Winskel (Ed.) Proc. LICS’97, p.160–171, 1997.Google Scholar
- [BP99]P. Bouyer and A. Petit, Decomposition and composition of timed automata, Proceedings of ICALP’99, LNCS series, 1999.Google Scholar
- [CG98]Ch. Choffrut and M. Goldwurm. Timed automata with periodic clock con-straints, LIAFA report, 1998.Google Scholar
- [Con71]J. H. Conway. Regular Algebra and Finite Machines, Chapman and Hall, 1971.Google Scholar
- [DW96]Dang Van Hung and Wang Ji, On the design of Hybrid Control Systems Using Automata Models, in V. Chandru and V. Vinay (Eds.) FSTTCS, LNCS 1180:156–167, 1996.Google Scholar
- [Dim98]C. Dima. Timed Regular Expressions, Real-Time Automata and Simple Duration Calculus, draft of a UNU/IIST report, 1998. Available at http://funinf.math.unibuc.ro/~cdima/work/report.ps.gz.
- [Dim99]C. Dima. Automata and regular expressions for real-time languages, Proceedings of the AFL’99 workshop, Vasszeczeny, Hungary, 9–13 august 1999.Google Scholar
- [Ei74]S. Eilenberg. Automata, Languages, and Machines, Vol. A, Academic Press, 1974.Google Scholar
- [HRS98]T.A. Henzinger, J.-F. Raskin and P.-Y. Schobbens. The regular real-time languages, in Proc. 25-th ICALP, LNCS series, Springer Verlag, 1998.Google Scholar
- [HU]John E. Hopcroft and Jeffrey D. Ullman, Introduction to Automata Theory, Languages and Computation, Addison-Wesley/Narosa Publishing House, eighth edition, New Delhi, 1992.Google Scholar