Resolution-Based Theorem Proving for SHn-Logics
In this paper we illustrate by means of an example, namely SH n-logics, a method for translation to clause form and automated theorem proving for first-order many-valued logics based on distributive lattices with operators.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- DP90.B.A. Davey and H.A. Priestley. Introduction to Lattices and Order. Cambridge University Press, 1990.Google Scholar
- GSS99.H. Ganzinger and V. Sofronie-Stokkermans. Chaining calculi and resolutionbased theorem proving in many-valued logic. In preparation, 1999.Google Scholar
- IO96.L. Iturrioz and E. Orłowska. A Kripke-style and relational semantics for logics based on Lukasiewicz algebras. Conference in honour of J. Lukasiewicz, Dublin, 1996.Google Scholar
- Itu82.L. Iturrioz. Modal operators on symmetrical Heyting algebras. In T. Traczyk, editor, Universal Algebra and Applications, Banach Center Publications, Vol. 9, pages 289–303. PWN-Polish Scientific Publishers, 1982.Google Scholar
- Sal96.G. Salzer. Optimal axiomatizations for multiple-valued operators and quantifiers based on semilattices. In M. McRobbie and J. Slaney, editors, Proc. 13th Conference on Automated Deduction, New Brunswick/NJ, USA, LNCS 1104, pages 688–702. Springer Verlag, 1996.Google Scholar
- Sco73.D.S. Scott. Background to formalization. In H. Leblanc, editor, Truth, Syntax and Modality. Proceedings of the Temple University Conference on Alternative Semantics, Studies in Logic and the Foundations of Mathematics, Vol. 68, pages 244–273, 1973.Google Scholar
- SS97.V. Sofronie-Stokkermans. Fibered Structures and Applications to Automated Theorem Proving in Certain Classes of Finitely-Valued Logics and to Modeling Interacting Systems. PhD thesis, RISC-Linz, J.Kepler University Linz, Austria, 1997.Google Scholar
- SS98.V. Sofronie-Stokkermans. On translation of finitely-valued logics to classical first-order logic. In H. Prade, editor, Proceedings of ECAI 98, pages 410–411. John Wiley & Sons, 1998.Google Scholar
- SS99a.V. Sofronie-Stokkermans. Automated theorem proving by resolution for finitely-valued logics based on distributive lattices with operators. Submitted, 1999.Google Scholar
- SS99b.V. Sofronie-Stokkermans. Priestley duality for SHn-algebras and applications to the study of Kripke-style models for SHn-logics. Multiple-Valued Logic — An International Journal, To appear, 1999.Google Scholar