Subtyping and Typing Algorithms for Mobile Ambients
The ambient calculus was designed to model mobile processes and study their properties. A first type system was proposed by Cardelli-Gordon-Ghelli to prevent run-time faults. We extend it by introducing subtyping and present a type-checking algorithm which returns a minimal type relatively to this system. By the way, we also add two new constructs to the language. Finally, we remove the type annotations from the syntax and give a type-inference algorithm for the original type system.
- [Car99a]L. Cardelli. Abstractions for Mobile Computation. Secure Internet Programming: Security Issues for Distributed and Mobile Objects, 1999.Google Scholar
- [Car99b]L. Cardelli. Wide Area Computation. In ICALP’99, April 1999.Google Scholar
- [CG97]L. Cardelli and A. D. Gordon. A Calculus of mobile Ambients. 1997. Slides.Google Scholar
- [CG98]L. Cardelli and A. D. Gordon. Mobile Ambients. In Proceedings FoSSaCS’98, volume LNCS 1378, pages 140–155. Springer, 1998.Google Scholar
- [CG99]L. Cardelli and A. D. Gordon. Types for Mobile Ambients. In Proceedings of the 26th ACM Symposium on Principles of Programming Languages, pages 79–92. ACM, January 1999.Google Scholar
- [CGG99]L. Cardelli, G. Ghelli, and A. D. Gordon. Mobility Types for Mobile Ambients. In Proceedings of ICALP’99, volume LNCS, April 1999.Google Scholar
- [FS99]C. Fournet and A. Schmitt. An Implementation of Ambients in JoCaml. In Proceedings MOS’99, April 1999.Google Scholar
- [LS00]F. Levi and D. Sangiorgi. Controlling Interference in Ambients. Draft of a paper to appear in the Proceedings of POPL’00, 2000.Google Scholar
- [Mil91]R. Milner. The Polyadic π-Calculus: a Tutorial. Technical Report ECS-LFCS-91-180, University of Edinburgh, October 1991.Google Scholar
- [Pal95]J. Palsberg. Efficient Inference of Object Types. Information and Computation, 1995.Google Scholar
- [YH99]N. Yoshida and M. Hennessy. Subtyping and Locality in Distributed Higher Order Processes. Technical Report 01/99, University of Sussex, May 1999.Google Scholar
- [Zim99]P. Zimmer. Subtyping and Typing Algorithms for Mobile Ambients. Internship Report — Ecole Normale Supérieure de Lyon, 1999. Available at http://www.ens-lyon.fr/~pzimmer/.