Invariance of Approximating Automata for Piecewise Linear Systems with Uncertainties
A special class of hybrid systems, that occurs in many applications, are the piecewise linear systems. Due to their nonlinearity, they may often be difficult to analyse. Therefore, different approximating methods have been developed for analysis, verification and control design. This paper considers one such method, and gives a method for investigating how sensitive it is to changes in the dynamics of the underlying linear subsystems. This method can be used either for robustness analysis or for control design.
KeywordsHybrid System Direct Representation Linear Subsystem Switch Linear System European Control
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Stephen Boyd and Lieven Vandenberghe. Convex optimization. Course Reader for EE364, Introduction to Convex Optimization with Engineering Applications, Stanford University, May 3, 1999.Google Scholar
- Alongkrit Chutinan and Bruce H. Krogh. Computing approximating automata for a class of hybrid systems. Mathematical and Computer Modeling of Dynamical Systems: Special Issue on Discrete Event Models of Continuous Systems, 1998.Google Scholar
- Alongkrit Chutinan and Bruce H. Krogh. Computing approximating automata for a class of linear hybrid systems. In Hybrid Systems V, Lecture Notes in Computer Science. Springer-Verlag, 1998.Google Scholar
- Alongkrit Chutinan and Bruce H. Krogh. Computing polyhedral approximations to flow pipes for dynamic systems. In The 37th IEEE Conference on Decision and Control: Session on Synthesis and Verification of Hybrid Control Laws (TM-01), 1998.Google Scholar
- Valur Einarsson. On verification of switched systems using abstractions. Licentiate Thesis, Department of Electrical Engineering, Linköping University, SE-581 83 Linköping, Sweden. Thesis No. 705, 1998.Google Scholar
- Mikael Johansson. Piecewise Linear Control Systems. PhD thesis, Department of Automatic Control, Lund Institute of Technology, Lund University, Box 118, SE-221 00 Lund, Sweden, 1999.Google Scholar
- T. Moor and J. Raisch. Discrete control of switched linear systems. In European Control Conference, ECC’99, 1999.Google Scholar
- Patrick Philips, Martin Weiss, and Heinz A. Preisig. Control based on discreteevent models of continuous systems. In European Control Conference, ECC’99, 1999.Google Scholar
- Jacob Roll. Invariance of approximating automata for piecewise linear systems. Technical Report LiTH-ISY-R-2178, Department of Electrical Engineering, Linköping University, SE-581 83 Linköping, Sweden, 1999.Google Scholar
- O. Stursberg and S. Kowalewski. Approximating switched continuous systems by rectangular automata. In European Control Conference, ECC’99, 1999.Google Scholar