Semantic Integration and Query Optimization of Heterogeneous Data Sources*
In modern Internet/Intranet-based architectures, an increasing number of applications requires an integrated and uniform access to a multitude of heterogeneous and distributed data sources. In this paper, we describe the ARTEMIS/MOMIS system for the semantic integration and query optimization of heterogeneous structured and semistructured data sources.
KeywordsQuery Optimization Local Class Base Extension Query Execution Semantic Integration
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- D. Beneventano, S. Bergamaschi, C. Sartori, and M. Vincini. ODBQOPTIMIZER: A tool for semantic query optimization in OODB. In Int. Conf. on Data Engineering-ICDE97, 1997. http://sparc20.dsi.unimo.it.
- S. Castano, V. De Antonellis, and S. De Capitani di Vimercati. Global viewing of heterogeneous data sources. IEEE Transactions on Data and Knowledge Engineering, 13(2), 2001.Google Scholar
- S. Cluet, P. Veltri, and D. Vodislav. Views in a large scale XML repository. In Proc. of the VLDB 2001, Roma, Italy, 2001.Google Scholar
- A. Doan, P. Domingos, and A. Halevy. Reconciling schemas of disparate data sources: A machine-learning approach. In Proc. of ACM SIGMOD, Santa Barbara, California, USA, 2001.Google Scholar
- O. M. Duschka and M. R. Genesereth. Answering recursive queries using views. In Proc. of the Sixteenth ACM SIGMOD Symposium on Principles of Database Systems, 1997.Google Scholar
- R. Goldman, J. McHugh, and J. Widom. From semistructured data to XML: Migrating the lore data model and query languages. In Proc. of International Workshop on the Web and Databases (WebDB’99), pages 25–30, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA, 1999.Google Scholar
- R. Hull. Managing semantic heterogeneity in databases: A theoretical perspective. In Proc. of the 16th ACM SIGACT SIGMOD SIGART Symp. on Principles of Database Systems (PODS’97), 1997.Google Scholar
- J. Madhavan, P. A. Bernstein, and E. Rahm. Generic schema matching with Cupid. In Proc. of VLDB 2001, Roma, Italy, 2001.Google Scholar
- R. Pottinger and A. Y. Levy. A scalable algorithm for answering queries using views. In Proc. of VLDB 2000, pages 484–495, Cairo, Egypt, 2000.Google Scholar
- I. Schmitt and C. Türker. An Incremental Approach to Schema Integration by Refining Extensional Relationships. In Proc. of the ACM CIKM 98, pages 322–330, NewY ork, 1998. ACM Press.Google Scholar