Intelligent Semantic Access to Audiovisual Content
In this paper, an integrated information system is presented that offers enhanced search and retrieval capabilities to users of heterogeneous digital audiovisual (a/v) archives. This novel system exploits the advances in handling a/v content and related metadata, as introduced by MPEG-4 and worked out by MPEG-7, to offer advanced access services characterized by the tri-fold “semantic phrasing of the request (query)”, “unified handling” and “personalized response”. The proposed system is targeting the intelligent extraction of semantic information from a/v and text related data taking into account the nature of useful queries that users may issue, and the context determined by user profiles. From a technical point of view, it will play the role of an intermediate access server residing between the end users and multiple heterogeneous audiovisual archives organized according to new MPEG standards.
KeywordsUser Preference User Profile Relevance Feedback User Query Usage History
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Delopoulos, A., Kollias, S., Avrithis, Y., Haas, W., Majcen, K.: Unified Intelligent Access to Heterogeneous Audiovisual Content. In Proc. of Int. Workshop on Content-Based Multimedia Indexing (CBMI), Brescia, Italy, Sept. 2001Google Scholar
- 2.Akrivas, G., Stamou, G., Kollias, S.: Fuzzy Semantic Association of Audiovisual Document Descriptions. In Proc. of Int. Workshop on Very Low Bitrate Video Coding (VLBV), Athens, Greece, Oct. 2001Google Scholar
- 8.ISO/IEC JTC1/SC29/WG11 N4032: Introduction to MPEG-7. Singapure (2001)Google Scholar
- 9.ISO/IEC JTC1/SC29/WG11 N3747: MPEG-4 Overview (V.16-La Baule Version). La Baule, France (2000)Google Scholar
- 10.ISO/IEC JTC1/SC29/WG1 N1646R: JPEG 2000 Part I Final Committee Draft Version 1.0 (2000)Google Scholar