UMiner: A Data Mining System Handling Uncertainty and Quality
In this paper we present UMiner, a new data mining system, which improves the quality of the data analysis results, handles uncertainty in the clustering & classification process and improves reasoning and decisionmaking.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.M. Berry, G. Linoff. Data Mining Techniques For marketing, Sales and Customer Support. John Willey & Sons, Inc, 1996.Google Scholar
- 2.U. Fayyad, G. Piatesky-Shapiro, P. Smuth and Ramasamy Uthurusamy. Advances in Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining. AAAI Press 1996Google Scholar
- 3.U. Fayyad, R. Uthurusamy. “Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery in Databases”, Communications of the ACM. Vol.39, No11, November 1996.Google Scholar
- 4.W. Kelly, J. Painter. “Hypertrapezoidal Fuzzy Membership Functions. 5th IEEE Int. Conf. on Fuzzy Systems, New Orleans, Sept.8, pp1279–1284, 1996.Google Scholar
- 5.S. Theodoridis, K. Koutroubas. Pattern recognition, Academic Press, 1999Google Scholar
- 6.M. Halkidi, M. Vazirgiannis, Y. Batistakis. “Quality scheme assessment in the clustering process”, In Proceedings of PKDD, Lyon, France, 2000.Google Scholar
- 7.M. Vazirgiannis, M. Halkidi. “Uncertainty handling in the datamining process with fuzzy logic”, in the proceedings of the IEEE-FUZZY Conf, Texas, May, 2000.Google Scholar