TDB: A Database System for Digital Rights Management
In this paper we describe the architecture and implementation of an embedded database system for Digital Rights Management (DRM), TDB. We concentrate on the aspects of TDB’s design, which were affected by the requirements of DRM applications. We show that, although it provides additional functionality for DRM applications, TDB performs better then Berkeley DB and has a code footprint comparable to other embedded database systems.
KeywordsDatabase System Range Query Digital Right Management Extractor Function Object Store
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.D. Aucsmith. Tamper resistant software: an implementation. In Proc. International Workshop on Information Hiding, 1996. Cambridge, UK.Google Scholar
- 2.C. Collberg, C. Thomborson, and D. Low. Manufacturing cheap, resilient, and stealthy opaque constructs. In Proceedings of the ACM Conference on Principles of Programming Languages, 1998. San Diego, CA.Google Scholar
- 6.J. Gray. The Benchmark Handbook For Databse and Transaction Processing Systems. Morgan Kaufmann, 1991.Google Scholar
- 7.J. Gray and A. Reuter. Transaction Processing: Concepts and Techniques. Morgan Kaufmann, 1993.Google Scholar
- 8.A. Kemper, C. Kilger, and G. Moerkotte. Function materialization in object bases. In Proceedings of the ACM SIGMOD International Conference on Management of Data, 1991.Google Scholar
- 9.U. Maheshwari, R. Vingralek, and W. Shapiro. How to build a trusted database system on untrusted storage. In Proceedings of the 4th Symposium on Operating Systems Design and Implementation, 2000. San Diego, CA.Google Scholar
- 10.M. Rosenblum and J. Ousterhout. The design and implementation of a logstructured file system. In Proceedings of the 13th ACM Symposium on Operating Systems Principles, 1991. Pacific Grove, CA.Google Scholar
- 11.M. Seltzer and M. Olson. Challenges in embedded database system administration. In Proceeding of the Embedded System Workshop, 1999. Cambridge, MA (software available at www.sleepycat.com).
- 12.Infineon Technologies. Eurochip II-SLE 5536. available at www.infineon.com/cgi/ecrm.dll/ecrm/scripts/prod_ov.jsp?/oid=14702&/cat_oid=-8233, November 2000.