Software Visualization pp 337-346
Call Graph and Control Flow Graph Visualization for Developers of Embedded Applications
When working with complex software, visualization improves understanding considerably. Thus, enhancing the ability of programmers to picture the relationships between components in a complex program not only saves time but becomes progressively mission-critical with increasing software complexity.
aiCall is a software visualization tool which helps programmers to better understand their software, generally improving learning, speeding up development and saving considerable effort and expense. aiCall visualizes the call graph and the control flow graph of embedded application code. Currently supported targets are Infineon C16x [EBF01], Inf97] and STMicroelectronics ST10. These microcontroller families are very popular and widely used in consumer goods (cellular phones, CD-players, washing machines) and in safety-critical environments (airbags, navigation systems, and automotive controls).
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [ASU86]A.V. Aho, R. Sethi, and J.D. Ullman. Compilers: Principles, Techniques, and Tools. Addison Wesley, 1986.Google Scholar
- [Bra95]F. Brandenburg, editor. Symposium on Graph Drawing GD’95; Passau, Germany, September 20–22, 1995. Proceedings. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. Springer, 1995.Google Scholar
- [EB]Alexander Evstiougov-Babaev. Graph Description Language in a Nutshell. http://www.aisee.com/gdl/nutshell.
- [EBF01]Alexander Evstiougov-Babaev and Christian Ferdinand. Program Visualization Support for C16x. CONTACT, Infineon Technologies Development Tool Partners Magazine, 3(9):64–65, February 2001.Google Scholar
- [Fer01]Christian Ferdinand. Post Pass Code Compaction at the Assembly Level for C16x. CONTACT, Infineon Technologies Development Tool Partners Magazine, 3(9):35–36, February 2001.Google Scholar
- [FH01a]Christian Ferdinand and Reinhold Heckmann. Ein Bild sagt mehr als tausend Worte. Design&Elektronik, 8, August 2001.Google Scholar
- [FH01b]Christian Ferdinand and Reinhold Heckmann. Liebling, ich habe den Code geschrumpft. Design&Elektronik, 1:113–115, January 2001.Google Scholar
- [Inf97]Infineon. Instruction Set Manual for the C16x Family of Siemens 16-Bit CMOS Single-Chip Microcontrollers, 1997.Google Scholar
- [Lan99]Marc Langenbach. CRL-A Uniform Representation for Control Flow. Technical report, TFB 14, Saarland University, November 1999.Google Scholar
- [San91]Georg Sander. Visualisierungstechniken für den Compilerbau. PhD Thesis, Lecture Notes in Computer Science. Pirrot, 1991.Google Scholar
- [TT94]R. Tamassia and I.G. Tollis, editors. DIMACS International Workshop, GD’94, Princeton, New Jersey, USA, October 10–12, 1994. Proceedings. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. Springer, 1994.Google Scholar
- [WM95]Reinhard Wilhelm and Dieter Maurer. Compiler Design. International Computer Science Series. Addison-Wesley, 1995. Second Printing.Google Scholar