Charging Control and Transaction Accounting Mechanisms Using IRTL (Information Resource Transaction Layer) Middleware for P2P Services
One of the many challenges associated with p2p computing is providing mechanisms for control over accounting transactions among peers. With the increase in the number and variety of p2p applications, there is a need to distinguish between services that can be charged and services that can operate without charging mechanisms. In this paper we present an Information Resource Transaction Layer (IRTL) middleware architecture that addresses some of the technical challenges associated with heterogeneous resource transactions in the p2p-computing environment. We propose to handle charge control, transaction accounting, reputation management and several other p2p parameters through the IRTL.
KeywordsSimple Object Access Protocol Reputation Management Charge Control Metadata Information Payment Type
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Oram, A. (Ed.) Peer-to-Peer: Harnessing the Power of Disruptive Technologies. O’Reilly and Associates. (2001)Google Scholar
- 3.Foster L, Kesselman, C, Nick, J. and Tuecke, S. The Physiology of the Grid: An Open Grid Services Architecture for Distributed Systems Integration, the Fourth Global Grid Forum, Toronto, Canada, (2002) http://www.globus.org/research/papers/ogsa.pdf
- 4.Web Services: W3C Architecture Domain http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/
- 5.Christensen, E., Curbera, F., Meredith, G. and Weerawarana., S. Web Services Description Language (WSDL) 1.1. W3C, Note 15, (2001) http://www.w3.org/TR/wdsl.
- 6.Ostrom, E. Governing the Commons: The Evolution of Institutions for Collective Action. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press. (1990)Google Scholar
- 7.Gupta, A., Stahl, D., Whinston, A. The Internet: A Future Tragedy of the Commons? Paper Presented at the Conference on Interoperability and the Economics of Information Infrastructure (1995) http://cisrabus.utexas.edu/alok/wash_pap/wash_pap.html.
- 9.Eytan Adar, and Bernardo A. Huberman, “Free Riding on Gnutella,” FirstMonday, (2000)Google Scholar
- 10.The Gnutella Homepage, http://gnutella.wego.com/
- 11.Internet2: Middleware Initiatives http://middleware.internet2.edu/
- 12.JXTA: The JXTA Solution to p2p technology October 2001 http://www.javaworld.com/javaworld/jw-10-2001/jw-1019-jxta.html
- 13.SOAP: W3C Simple Object Access Protocol Version 1.1, May 8, (2000) http://www.w3.org/TR/SOAP/
- 14.UDDI: Universal Description, Discovery and Integration http://www.uddi.org/