Vulnerability Assessment Simulation for Information Infrastructure Protection
The main contribution of this research is to present the method that make it possible to assess the vulnerability in the information infrastructure using simulation technology. To construct the vulnerability assessment simulation system, we make use of the knowledge-based simulation modeling methodology and we designed expressions to estimate the degree of vulnerability of host. Also, we show newly defined vulnerability analysis method that is applicable to vulnerability assessment simulation system. As research results, the vulnerability assessment simulation system and VDBFS(Vulnerability DataBase For Simulator) are constructed.
KeywordsVulnerability Assessment Vulnerability Analysis Information Infrastructure Modeling and Simulation Knowledge-Based Simulation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.A. P. Moore, R. J. Ellison and R. C. Linger, “Attack Modeling for Information Security and Survivability,” Technical Report No. CMU/SEI-2001-TR-001, Pittsburgh, PA: Software Engineering Institute, Carnegie Mellon University, March, 2001.Google Scholar
- 3.M. Bishop, “Vulnerabilities Analysis”, Proceedings of the Recent Advances in Intrusion Detection, September, pp. 125–136, 1999.Google Scholar
- 4.B. P. Zeigler, H. Praehofer and T. Kim, “Theory of Modeling and Simulation, Second Edition”, Academic Press, 2000.Google Scholar
- 5.A. M. Law and W. D. Kelton, “Simulation Modeling and Analysis, Third Edition”, McGraw Hill, 2000Google Scholar
- 9.Avolio and Blask, “Application Gateways and Stateful Inspection: A Brief Note Comparing and Contrasting,” Trusted Information System, Inc., 1998.Google Scholar
- 10.T. Cho and H. Kim, “DEVS Simulation of Distributed Intrusion Detection System,” Transactions of the Society for Computer Simulation International, vol. 18, no. 3, September, 2001.Google Scholar