Hozo: An Environment for Building/Using Ontologies Based on a Fundamental Consideration of “Role” and “Relationship”
We have developed an environment for building/using ontologies, named Hozo, based on both of a fundamental consideration of an ontological theory and a methodology of building an ontology. Since Hozo is based on an ontological theory of a role-concept, it can distinguish concepts dependent on particular contexts from so-called basic concepts and contribute to building reusable ontologies.
KeywordsControl Valve Front Wheel Domain Concept Wholeness Concept Role Concept
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [Barros01]Barros, B., Mizoguchi, R., et al.: A Platform for Collaboration Analysis in CSCL: An ontological approach, Proceedings of AIED01, San Antonio, Texas, May 19–23 2001Google Scholar
- [Kitamura 01]Kitamura, Y., Sano, T., Namba, K. and Mizoguchi, R.: A Functional Concept Ontology and Its Application to Automatic Identification of Functional Structures, Advanced Engineering Informatics (Artificial Intelligence in Engineering), to appear, 2002.Google Scholar
- [Kozaki 00]Kozaki, K., et al: Development of an Environment for Building Ontologies which is based on a Fundamental Consideration of “Relationship” and “Role”:PKAW2000, pp. 205–221, Sydney, Australia, December, 2000Google Scholar
- [Guarino 98]Guarino, N.: Some Ontological Principles for Designing Upper Level Lexical Resources. Proc. of the First International Conference on Lexical Resources and Evaluation, Granada, Spain, 28–30, May 1998.Google Scholar
- [Inaba 00]Inaba, A., Thepchai, S., Ikeda, M., Mizoguchi, R, and Toyoda, J.: An overview of “Learning Goal Ontology”, Proc. of ECAI2000, pp. 23–30, Berlin, Germany, 2000Google Scholar
- [Jin 99]Jin, L., Chen, W., Hayashi, Y, Ikeda, M., Riichiro Mizoguchi, R., et al.:An Ontology-Aware Authoring Tool-Functionalstructure and guidance generation-, Proc. of AIED’99Google Scholar
- [Mizoguchi 95]Mizoguchi, R., Ikeda, M., Seta, K. et al.: Ontology for Modeling the World from Problem Solving Perspectives, Proc. of IJCAI-95, pp. 1–12, 1995.Google Scholar
- [Mizoguchi 00]Mizoguchi, R., Kozaki, K., Sano, T., and Kitamura, Y: Construction and Deployment of a Plant Ontology, 12th International Conference on Knowledge Engineering and Knowledge Management, Juan-les-Pins, French Riviera, October, 2000.Google Scholar
- [Sowa 95]