SMILES: A Multi-purpose Learning System
A machine learning system is useful for extracting models from data that can be used for many applications such as data analysis, decision support or data mining. SMILES is a machine learning system that integrates many different features from other machine learning techniques and paradigms, and more importantly, it presents several innovations in almost all of these features, such as ensemble methods, cost-sensitive learning, and the generation of a comprehensible model from an ensemble. This paper contains a short description of the main features of the system as well as some experimental results.
KeywordsDecision tree learning machine learning data mining costsensitive learning comprehensibility ensemble methods
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. Estruch, C. Ferri, J. Hernández, and M.J. Ramírez. Shared Ensembles using Multi-trees. In the 8th Ib. Conf. on A. I., Iberamia’02. (Submitted), 2002.Google Scholar
- 2.C. Ferri, P. Flach, and J. Hernández. Learning Decision Trees using the Area Under the ROC Curve. In Int. Conf. on Machine Learning, ICML’02. (To appear), 2002.Google Scholar
- 3.C. Ferri, J. Hernández, and M.J. Ramírez. From Ensemble Methods to Comprehensible Models. In the 5th Int. Conf. on Discovery Science. (Submitted), 2002.Google Scholar
- 4.C. Ferri, J. Hernández, and M.J. Ramírez. Induction of Decision Multi-trees using Levin Search. In Int. Conf. on Computational Science, ICCS’02, volume 2329 of LNCS, pages 166–175, 2002.Google Scholar
- 5.C. Ferri, J. Hernández, and M.J. Ramírez. SMILES System, a multi-purpose learning system. http://www.dsic.upv.es/~flip/smiles/, 2002.
- 6.J. R. Quinlan. Bagging, Boosting, and C4.5. In Proc. of the 13th Nat. Conf. on A.I. and the Eighth Innovative Applications of A.I. Conf., pages 725–730. AAAI Press / MIT Press, 1996.Google Scholar