Real-Time Dispatching of Guided and Unguided Automobile Service Units with Soft Time Windows
We investigate a real-world large scale vehicle dispatching problem with strict real-time requirements, posed by our cooperation partner, the German Automobile Association. We present computational experience on real-world data with a dynamic column generation method employing a portfolio of acceleration techniques. Our computer program ZIBDIP yields solutions on heavy-load real-world instances (215 service requests, 95 service units) in less than a minute that are no worse than 1% from optimum on state-of-the-art personal computers.
KeywordsColumn Generation Home Position Acceptance Threshold Column Generation Algorithm Sorting Criterion
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Jaques Desrosiers, Yvan Dumas, Marius M. Solomon, and François Soumis, Time constraint routing and scheduling, Network Routing (Michael Ball, Tom Magnanti, Clyde Monma, and George Newhauser, eds.), Handbooks in Operations Research and Management Science, vol. 8, Elsevier, Amsterdam, 1995, pp. 35–140.Google Scholar
- Jesper Larsen, Vehicle routing with time windows-finding optimal solutions efficiently, DORSnyt (engl.) (1999), no. 116.Google Scholar
- Sushil J. Louis, Xiangying Yin, and Zhen Ya Yuan, Multiple vehicle routing with time windows using genetic algorithms, 1999 Congress on Evolutionary Computation (Piscataway, NJ), IEEE Service Center, 1999, pp. 1804–1808.Google Scholar
- D.G. Luenberger, Linear and nonlinear programming, 2 ed., Addison-Wesley, 1984.Google Scholar
- Kenny Qili Zhu and Kar-Loon Ong, A reactive method for real time dynamic vehicle routing problem, Proceedings of the 12th ICTAI, 2000.Google Scholar