partial Order Verification of Programmable Logic Controllers
We address the verification of programmable logic controllers (PLC). In our approach, a PLC program is translated into a special type of colored Petri net, a so-called register net (RN). We present analysis methods based on the partial order semantics of RN’s, which allow the generation of partial order traces as counter examples in the presence of programming errors. To that purpose, the behavior description ‘concurrent automaton’, introduced in  for safe Petri nets, is upliftet to the dedicated RN’s.
KeywordsPartial Order Reachable State Programmable Logic Controller Programmable Logic Controller Reachability Graph
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- A. V. Aho, J. E. Hopcroft, and J. D. Ullman. Data Structures and Algorithms. Addison-Wesley, 1987.Google Scholar
- P. Deussen. Algorithmic aspects of concurrent automata. In H.-D. Burkhard, L. Czaja, and P. Starke, editors, Workshop on Concurrency, Specification & Programming’ 98, number 110 in Informatik-Berichte, pages 39–50, Berlin, 1998. Humboldt Univ. zu Berlin.Google Scholar
- P. Deussen. Concurrent automata. Technical Report 1-05/1998, Brandenburg Tech. Univ. Cottbus, 1998.Google Scholar
- P. Deussen. Improvements of concurrent automata generation. Technical Report I-08/1998, Brandenburg Tech. Univ. Cottbus, 1999.Google Scholar
- M. Heiner. Petri net based system analysis without state explosion. In Proc. High Performance Computing’ 98, SCS Int. San Diego, pages 394–403, 1998.Google Scholar
- M. Heiner and T. Menzel. Time-related modelling of PLC systems with time-less Petri nets. In R. Boel and G. Stremersch, editors, Discrete Event Systems, pages 275–282. Kluwer Academic Publishers, 2000.Google Scholar
- K. L. McMillan. Using unfoldings to avoid the state explosion problem in the verification of asynchronous circuits. In Proc. of the 4th Workshop on Computer Aided Verification, pages 164–174, Montreal, 1992.Google Scholar
- T. Mertke. Hydraulic piston example, 2000. private communications.Google Scholar
- Programmable logic controllers-programming languages, IEC 1131-3. International Electronical Commission, Technical Commitee No. 65, second edition. Commitee draft, 1998.Google Scholar
- A. Ulrich. Testfallableitung und Testrealisierung in verteilten Systemen. Shaker Verlaq, Aachen, 1998.Google Scholar
- F. Vernadat and F. Michel. Covering step graph preserving failure semantics. In P. Azema and G. Balbo, editors, 18th International Conference on Application and Theory of Petri Nets, volume 1248 of LNCS, pages 253–270. Springer-Verlag, 1997.Google Scholar
- W. Vogler. Modular construction and partial order semantics of Petri nets, volume 625 of LNCS. Springer-Verlag, 1992.Google Scholar