Model-Checking Based on Fluid Petri Nets for the Temperature Control System of the ICARO Co-generative Plant
The modeling and analysis of hybrid systems is a recent and challenging research area which is actually dominated by two main lines: a functional analysis based on the description of the system in terms of discrete state (hybrid) automata (whose goal is to ascertain for conformity and reachability properties), and a stochastic analysis (whose aim is to provide performance and dependability measures). This paper investigates a unifying view between formal methods and stochastic methods by proposing an analysis methodology of hybrid systems based on Fluid Petri Nets (FPN). It is shown that the same FPN model can be fed to a functional analyser for model checking as well as to a stochastic analyser for performance evaluation. We illustrate our approach and show its usefulness by applying it to a “real world” hybrid system: the temperature control system of a co-generative plant.
KeywordsModel Check Hybrid System Temperature Control System Hybrid Automaton Primary Circuit
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- M. Allam. Sur l’analyse quantitative des réseaux de Petri hybrides: une approche baseée sur lea automates hybrides. Technical report, Phd Thesis, Institut National Polytechnique de Grenoble (in French), 1998.Google Scholar
- A. Bobbio, S. Bologna, E. Ciancamerla, P. Incalcaterra, C. Kropp, M. Minichino, and E. Tronci. Advanced techniques for safety analysis applied to the gas turbine control system of ICARO co-generative plant. In X Convegno Tecnologie e Sistemi Energetici Complessi, pages 339–350, 2001.Google Scholar
- A. Bobbio and A. Horváth. Petri nets with discrete phase timing: A bridge between stochastic and functional analysis. In Second International Workshop on Models for Time-Critical Systems (MTCS 2001), pages 22–38, 2001.Google Scholar
- M. Gribaudo. Hybrid formalism for performance evaluation: Theory and applications. Technical report, Phd Thesis, Dipartimento di Informatica, Università di Torino, 2001.Google Scholar
- A. Horváth, M. Gribaudo, and A. Bobbio. From FPN to NuSMV: The temperature control system of the ICARO cogenerative plant. Technical report, Università del Piemonte Orientale, Feb 2002, http://www.di.unipmn.it.