MALLBA: A Library of Skeletons for Combinatorial Optimisation
The mallba project tackles the resolution of combinatorial optimization problems using algorithmic skeletons implemented in C++. mallba offers three families of generic resolution methods: exact, heuristic and hybrid. Moreover, for each resolution method, mallba provides three different implementations: sequential, parallel for local area networks, and parallel for wide area networks (currently under development). This paper explains the architecture of the mallba library, presents some of its skeletons, and offers several computational results to show the viability of the approach.
KeywordsTabu Search Resolution Method Resource Allocation Problem Wide Area Network Parallel Genetic Algorithm
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.B. L. Cun. Bob++ library illustrated by VRP. In European Operational Research Conference (EURO’2001), page 157, Rotterdam, 2001.Google Scholar
- 3.L. Di Gaspero and A. Schaerf. EasyLocal++: an object-oriented framework for the flexible design of local search algorithms and metaheuristics. In 4th Metaheuristics International Conference (MIC’2001), pages 287–292, 2001.Google Scholar
- 4.J. Eckstein, C. A. Phillips, and W. E. Hart. Pico: An object-oriented framework for parallel branch and bound. Technical report, RUTCOR, 2000.Google Scholar
- 5.D. González, F. Almeida, J. Roda, and C. Rodríguez. From the theory to the tools: Parallel dynamic progr. Concurrency: Practice and Experience, (12):21–34, 2000.Google Scholar
- 6.IBM. COIN: Common Optimization INterface for operations research, 2000. http://oss.software.ibm.com/developerworks/opensource/coin/index.html.
- 7.K. Klohs. Parallel simulated annealing library. http://www.uni-paderborn.de/fachbereich/AG/monien/SOFTWARE/PARSA/, 1998.
- 8.D. Levine. PGAPack, parallel genetic algorithm library. http://www.mcs.anl.gov/pgapack.html, 1996.
- 9.S. Tschöke and T. Polzer. Portable parallel branch-and-bound library, 1997. http://www.uni-paderborn.de/cs/ag-monien/SOFTWARE/PPBB/introduction.html.