NuSMV 2: An OpenSource Tool for Symbolic Model Checking
This paper describes version 2 of the NuSMV tool. NuSMV is a symbolic model checker originated from the reengineering, reimplementation and extension of SMV, the original BDD-based model checker developed at CMU . The NuSMV project aims at the development of a state-of-the-art symbolic model checker, designed to be applicable in technology transfer projects: it is a well structured, open, flexible and documented platform for model checking, and is robust and close to industrial systems standards .
KeywordsModel Check Finite State Machine Symbolic Model Symbolic Model Check Model Check Problem
- 1.G. Audemard, P. Bertoli, A. Cimatti, A. Kornilowicz, and R. Sebastiani. A SAT based approach for solving formulas over boolean and linear mathematical propositions. In Proc. of CADE’02, 2002.Google Scholar
- 2.S. Berezin, S. Campos, and E. M. Clarke. Compositional reasoning in model checking. In Proc. COMPOS, 1997.Google Scholar
- 3.P. Bertoli, A. Cimatti, M. Pistore, M. Roveri, and P. Traverso. MBP: a Model Based Planner. In Proc. of the IJCAI’01 Workshop on Planning under Uncertainty and Incomplete Information, Seattle, August 2001.Google Scholar
- 4.A. Biere, A. Cimatti, E. M. Clarke, and Y. Zhu. Symbolic model checking without BDDs. In Proc. of the Fifth International Conference on Tools and Algorithms for the Construction and Analysis of Systems (TACAS’99), 1999.Google Scholar
- 5.A. Borälv. A Fully Automated Approach for Proving Safety Properties in Interlocking Software Using Automatic Theorem-Proving. In S. Gnesi and D. Latella, editors, Proc. of the Second International ERCIM FMICS, Pisa, Italy, July 1997.Google Scholar
- 6.A. Cimatti, E. M. Clarke, F. Giunchiglia, and M. Roveri. NuSMV: a new symbolic model checker. International Journal on Software Tools for Technology Transfer (STTT), 2(4), March 2000.Google Scholar
- 7.A. Cimatti, M. Pistore, M. Roveri, and R. Sebastiani. Improving the Encoding of LTL Model Checking into SAT. In Proc. WMCAI 2002, number 2294 in LNCS, pages 182–195, 2002.Google Scholar
- 8.E. Clarke and X. Zhao. Word Level Symbolic Model Checking: A New Approach for Verifying Arithmetic Circuits. Technical Report CMU-CS-95-161, School of Computer Science, Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, PA 15213–3891, USA, May 1995.Google Scholar
- 9.E. M. Clarke, A. Gupta, J. Kukula, and O. Strichman. Sat based abstraction-refinement using ILP and machine learning techniques. In Proc. of Conference on Computer-Aided Verification (CAV’02), LNCS, 2002. To appear in this volume.Google Scholar
- 10.F. Copty, L. Fix, E. Giunchiglia, G. Kamhi, A. Tacchella, and M. Vardi. Benefits of bounded model checking at an industrial setting. In Proc. of CAV 2001, LNCS, pages 436–453, 2001.Google Scholar
- 11.R. Eshuis and R. Wieringa. Verification support for workflow design with UML activity graphs. In Proc. of ICSE, 2002. To appear.Google Scholar
- 12.A. Fuxman, M. Pistore, J. Mylopoulos, and P. Traverso. Model checking early requirements specifications in Tropos. In Proc. of the Fifth IEEE International Symposium on Requirements Engineering (RE’01), Toronto, August 2001.Google Scholar
- 13.E. Giunchiglia, M. Maratea, A. Tacchella, and D. Zambonin. Evaluating search heuristics and optimization techniques in propositional satisfiability. In Proc. of IJCAR 2001, volume 2083 of LNCS, pages 347–363. Springer, 2001.Google Scholar
- 14.The Gnu Lesser General Public License: http://www.fsf.org/licenses/lgpl.html.
- 15.K. L. McMillan. Symbolic Model Checking. Kluwer Academic Publ., 1993.Google Scholar
- 16.M. Moskewicz, C. Madigan, Y. Zhao, L. Zhang, and S. Malik. Chaff: Engineering an Efficient SAT Solver. In Proc. of the 39th Design Automation Conference, June 2001.Google Scholar
- 17.The Open Source Organization. http://www.opensource.org.
- 18.R. K. Ranjan, A. Aziz, B. Plessier, C. Pixley, and R. K. Brayton. Efficient BDD algorithms for FSM synthesis and verification. In Proc. IEEE/ACM International Workshop on Logic Synthesis, Lake Tahoe (NV), May 1995.Google Scholar
- 19.O. Shtrichman. Tuning SAT checkers for bounded model-checking. In Proc. 12th International Computer Aided Verification Conference (CAV’00), 2000.Google Scholar