Analysis and Verification Queries over Object-Oriented Petri Nets
In literature there have been proposed many different ways of asking formal analysis or verification questions to be answered over state spaces of various kinds of models. In this paper, we discuss how these methods can be accommodated for the case when the systems being examined are modelled by object-oriented Petri nets (OOPNs). We deal with the OOPNs associated with the PNtalk language and tool.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.M. češka, V. Janoušek, and T. Vojnar. PNtalk-A Computerized Tool for Object-Oriented Petri Nets Modelling. In F. Pichler and R. Moreno-Díaz, eds., Computer Aided Systems Theory and Technology-EUROCAST’97, volume 1333 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pp. 591–610, 1997. Springer-Verlag.Google Scholar
- 2.M. češka, V. Janoušek, and T. Vojnar. Generating and Exploiting State Spaces of Object-Oriented Petri Nets. In M. Pezzé and S. Shatz, eds., Proc. of Workshop on Software Engineering and Petri Nets, ICATPN 2000, DAIMI PB-548, pp. 35–54, Aarhus, Denmark, 2000. Dept. of Computer Science, University of Aarhus.Google Scholar
- 4.G.J. Holzmann. The Model Checker Spin. IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering, 23(5), May 1997.Google Scholar
- 5.C.N. Ip and D.L. Dill. Better Verification Through Symmetry. Journal of Formal Methods in System Design, 9(1/2):41–76, 1996.Google Scholar
- 6.V. Janoušek. Modelling Objects by Petri Nets. PhD thesis, Dept. of Computer Science and Engineering,, Brno University of Technology, Czech Republic, 1998.Google Scholar
- 7.K. Jensen. Coloured Petri Nets: Basic Concepts, Analysis Methods and Practical Use, Vol. 2: Analysis Methods. EATCS Monographs on Theoretical Computer Science. Springer-Verlag, 1994.Google Scholar
- 8.A. Valmari. The State Explosion Problem. In W. Reisig and G. Rozenberg, eds., Lectures on Petri Nets I: Basic Models, volume 1491 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pp. 429–528. Springer-Verlag, 1998.Google Scholar
- 9.K. Varpaaniemi, J. Halme, K. Hiekkanen, and T. Pyssysalo. PROD Reference Manual. Technical Report B13, Helsinki University of Technology, August 1995.Google Scholar
- 10.T. Vojnar. Towards Formal Analysis and Verification over State Spaces of Object-Oriented Petri Nets. PhD thesis, Department of Computer Science and Engineering, Brno University of Technology, Czech Republic, to be published in 2001.Google Scholar