Sufficient Conditions on Most Likely Local Sub-codewords in Recursive Maximum Likelihood Decoding Algorithms
First, top-down RMLD(recursive maximum likelihood decoding) algorithms are reviewed. Then, in connection with adjacent subcodewords, a concept of conditional syndrome is introduced. Based on this, sufficient conditions of most likely local sub-codewords in top-down RMLD algorithms are presented. These conditions lead to efficient implementations of top-down RMLD algorithms.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.T. Fujiwara, H. Yamamoto, T. Kasami and S. Lin, “A trellis-based recursive maximum likelihood decoding algorithm for linear codes” IEEE Trans. Inform. Theory, vol. 44, pp. 714–729, Mar. 1998.Google Scholar
- 2.Y. Kaji, T. Fujiwara and T. Kasami, “An efficient call-by-need algorithm for the maximum likelihood decoding of a linear code,” Proc. of ISITA2000, Honolulu, HA, USA, pp. 335–338, Nov., 2000.Google Scholar
- 3.T. Kasami, H. Tokushige and Y. Kaji, “Search procedures in top-down recursive maximum likelihood decoding algorithm,” Proc. of SITA2000, Aso, Kumamoto, Japan, pp. 535–538, Oct. 2000.Google Scholar
- 4.Y. Kaji, H. Tokushige and T. Kasami, “An improved search algorithm for the adaptive and recursive MLD,” Proc. of 2001 ISIT, Washington, D.C., Jun. 2001.Google Scholar
- 5.T. Kasami, “On Recursive Maximum Likelihood Decoding Algorithms for Linear Codes,” Technical Report of IEICE, IT2000-58, pp. 75–83, Mar. 2001.Google Scholar
- 7.G. D. Forney Jr., “Coset codes II: Binary lattice and related codes,” IEEE Trans. Inform. Theory, vol. 34, pp. 1152–1187, Sept. 1988.Google Scholar
- 8.T. Kasami, “On integer programming problems related to soft-decision iterative decoding algorithms,” Proc. of AAECC-13, Honolulu, Hawaii, USA. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol. 1719, pp. 43–54, Spring Verlag, Nov. 1999.Google Scholar
- 9.T. Kasami, H. Tokushige, T. Fujiwara, H. Yamamoto and S. Lin, “A recursive maximum likelihood decoding algorithm for some transitive invariant binary block codes,” IEICE Trans. Fundamentals, vol. E81-A, pp. 1916–1924, Sept. 1998.Google Scholar