Tableau Calculi for the Logics of Finite k-Ary Trees
We present tableau calculi for the logics Dk (k≥2) semantically characterized by the classes of Kripke models built on finite k-ary trees. Our tableau calculi use the signs T and F, some tableau rules for Intuitionistic Logic and two rules formulated in a hypertableau fashion. We prove the Soundness and Completeness Theorems for our calculi. Finally, we use them to prove the main properties of the logics Dk, in particular their constructivity and their decidability.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.A. Avellone, P. Miglioli, U. Moscato, and M. Ornaghi. Generalized tableau systems for intermediate propositional logics. In D. Galmiche, editor, Proceedings of the 6th International Conference on Automated Reasoning with Analytic Tableaux and Related Methods: Tableaux’ 97, volume 1227 of LNAI, pages 43–61. Springer-Verlag, 1997.Google Scholar
- 4.M. Baaz and C. G. Fermüller. Analytic calculi for projective logics. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, 1617:36–50, 1999.Google Scholar
- 5.A. Chagrov and M. Zakharyaschev. Modal Logic. Oxford University Press, 1997.Google Scholar
- 6.A. Ciabattoni and M. Ferrari. Hypertableau and path-hypertableau calculi for some families of intermediate logics. In R. Dyckhoff, editor, TABLEAUX 2000, Automated Reasoning with Analytic Tableaux and Related Methods, volume 1947 of LNAI, pages 160–174. Springer-Verlag, 2000.Google Scholar
- 11.G. Fiorino. Space-efficient Decision Procedures for Three Interpolable Propositional Intermediate Logics. Journal of Logic and Computation, To appear.Google Scholar
- 12.M.C. Fitting. Intuitionistic Logic, Model Theory and Forcing. North-Holland, 1969.Google Scholar
- 14.P. Hájek. Metamathematics of fuzzy logic. Kluwer, 1998.Google Scholar
- 15.D. Pearce. A new logical characterization of stable models and answer sets. In J. Dix, L.M. Pereira, and T. Przymusinski, editors, Non-Monotonic Extensions of Logic Programming, volume 1216 of LNAI, pages 57–70. Springer-Verlag, 1997.Google Scholar