Analytic Sequent Calculi for Abelian and Łukasiewicz Logics
In this paper we present the first labelled and unlabelled analytic sequent calculi for abelian logic A, the logic of lattice-ordered abelian groups with characteristic model ℤ, motivated in  as a logic of relevance and in  as a logic of comparison. We also show that the so-called material fragment of A coincides with Łukasiewicz’s infinite-valued logic Ł, hence giving us as a significant by-product, labelled and unlabelled analytic sequent calculi for Ł.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.S. Aguzzoli and A. Ciabattoni. Finiteness in infinite-valued Łukasiewicz logic. Journal of Logic, Language and Information, 9(1), 2000.Google Scholar
- 3.E. Casari. Comparative Logics and Abelian l-Groups. In Logic Colloquium’ 88, Ferro et al. Ed, Elsevier, 1989.Google Scholar
- 4.A. Ciabattoni and D. Luchi. Two connections between linear logic and Łukasiewicz logics. In Proceedings of Computational Logic and Proof Theory, G. Gottlöb, A. Leitsch and D. Mundici Eds, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Vol. 1289, Berlin: Springer-Verlag, 1997.Google Scholar
- 5.R. Cignoli, I. M. L. D’Octaviano and D. Mundici. Algebraic foundations of many-valued reasoning. Kluwer, 2000.Google Scholar
- 6.R. Giles. Łukasiewicz logic and fuzzy set theory. In Fuzzy Reasoning and its Applications, E. H. Mamdani and B. R. Gaines Eds, London: Academic Press, 1981.Google Scholar
- 7.Reiner Hähnle. Automated Deduction in Many-Valued Logics. Oxford University Press, 1994.Google Scholar
- 8.P. Hájek. Metamathematics of Fuzzy Logic. Kluwer, 1998.Google Scholar
- 9.G. Malinowski. Many-Valued Logics. Oxford, 1993.Google Scholar
- 10.R. K. Meyer and K. Slaney. Abelian Logic (from A to Z). In Paraconsistent Logic Essays on the Inconsistent, G. Priest et al. Ed, Philosophia Verlag, 1989.Google Scholar
- 11.R. K. Meyer. Intuitionism, entailment, negation. In Truth, Syntax, Modality, H. Leblanc Ed, Amsterdam, 1973.Google Scholar
- 12.D. Mundici and N. Olivetti. Resolution and model building in the infinite-valued calculus of Łukasiewicz. Theoretical Computer Science, 200(1–2), 1998.Google Scholar
- 13.N. Olivetti. Tableaux for infinite-valued Łukasiewicz logic. To appear in Studia Logica, 2002.Google Scholar
- 15.A. Urquhart. Many-valued logic. In Handbook of Philosophical Logic Volume 3, Dov Gabbay and F. Guenthner Eds, Kluwer, 1986.Google Scholar