A Temporal Concurrent Constraint Programming Calculus
The tcc model is a formalism for reactive concurrent constraint programming. In this paper we propose a model of temporal concurrent constraint programming which adds to tcc the capability of modeling asynchronous and non-deterministic timed behavior. We call this tcc extension the ntcc calculus. The expressiveness of ntcc is illustrated by modeling cells, asynchronous bounded broadcasting and timed systems such as RCX controllers. We present a denotational semantics for the strongest-postcondition of ntcc processes and, based on this semantics, we develop a proof system for linear temporal properties of these processes.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.G. Alvarez, J.F. Diaz, L.O. Quesada, C. Rueda, G. Tamura, F. Valencia, and G. Assayag. Integrating constraints and concurrent objects in musical applications: A calculus and its visual language. Constraints, January 2001.Google Scholar
- 3.F. de Boer, M. Gabbrielli, and M. Chiara. A temporal logic for reasoning about timed concurrent constraint programs. In TIME 01. IEEE Press, 2001.Google Scholar
- 4.F. de Boer, M. Gabbrielli, and M. C. Meo. A timed concurrent constraint language. Information and Computation, 1999. To appear.Google Scholar
- 6.J.F. Diaz, C. Rueda, and F. Valencia. A calculus for concurrent processes with constraints. CLEI Electronic Journal, 1(2), December 1998.Google Scholar
- 8.J. Fredslund. The assumption architecture. Progress Report, Department of Computer Science, University of Aarhus, November 1999.Google Scholar
- 9.O. Herescu and C. Palamidessi. Probabilistic asynchronous pi-calculus. FoSSaCS, pages 146–160, 2000.Google Scholar
- 10.I. Hodkinson, F. Wolter, and M. Zakharyaschev. Decidable fragments of first-order temporal logics. In Annals of Pure and Applied Logic, 2000.Google Scholar
- 11.H. H. Lund and L. Pagliarini. Robot soccer with LEGO mindstorms. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, 1604, 1999.Google Scholar
- 12.Z. Manna and A. Pnueli. The Temporal Logic of Reactive and Concurrent Systems, Specification. Springer, 1991.Google Scholar
- 13.R. Milner. A finite delay operator in synchronous ccs. Technical Report CSR-116-82, University of Edinburgh, 1992.Google Scholar
- 14.R. Milner. Communicating and Mobile Systems: the π-calculus. Cambridge University Press, 1999.Google Scholar
- 16.V. Saraswat, R. Jagadeesan, and V. Gupta. Foundations of timed concurrent constraint programming. In Proc. of the Ninth Annual IEEE Symposium on Logic in Computer Science, pages 71–80, 4-7 July 1994.Google Scholar
- 18.V. Saraswat, M. Rinard, and P. Panangaden. The semantic foundations of concurrent constraint programming. In POPL’ 91. Proceedings of the eighteenth annual ACM symposium on Principles of programming languages, pages 333–352, 21-23 January 1991.Google Scholar
- 20.F. Valencia. Reactive constraint programming. Progress Report, BRICS, June 2000. Availabe via http://www.brics.dk/~fvalenci/publications.html.
- 21.G. Winskel. The Formal Semantics of Programming Languages. The MIT Press, 1993.Google Scholar