Cutting Planes for Mixed 0-1 Semidefinite Programs
Since the seminal work of Nemirovski and Nesterov , research on semidefinite programming (SDP) and its applications in optimization has been burgeoning. SDP has led to good relaxations for the quadratic assignment problem, graph partition, non-convex quadratic optimization problems, and the TSP. SDP-based relaxations have led to approximation algorithms for combinatorial optimization problems such as the MAXCUT and vertex coloring. SDP has also found nu- merous applications in robust control and, as a natural extension, in robust op- timization for convex programs with uncertain parameters. For a recent survey of semidefinite techniques and applications see .
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 5.S. Benson, Y. Ye, and X. Zhang. Solving large-scale sparse semidefinite programs for combinatorial optimization. Tech. Rep., Dept of Mgmt Sc., Univ. of Iowa, 1997.Google Scholar
- 6.M. T. Ç ezik. Semidefinite methods for the traveling salesman and other combinatorial problems. PhD thesis, IEOR Dept., Columbia University, 2000.Google Scholar
- 7.C. Choi and Y. Ye. Solving sparse semidefinite programs using dual scaling algorithm with an iterative solver. Tech. Rep., Dept. of Mgmt. Sc., Univ. of Iowa, 2000.Google Scholar
- 8.D. Cvetković, M. Čangalović, and V. Kovačević-Vujčić. Semidenite programming methods for the symmetric TSP. In IPCO VII, p. 126–136. Springer, Berlin, 1999.Google Scholar
- 9.M. Goemans and F. Rendl. Combinatorial optimization. In Handbook of Semidefinite Programming: Theory, Algorithms and Applications. Kluwer, 2000.Google Scholar
- 11.L. Lovász. Combinatorial Problems and Exercises. North-Holland, 1979.Google Scholar
- 13.J. E. Mitchell and B. Borchers. Solving linear ordering problems with a combined interior point/simplex cutting plane algorithm. In High performance optimization, pages 349–366. Kluwer Acad. Publ., Dordrecht, 2000.Google Scholar
- 14.Y. Nesterov and A. Nemirovskii. Interior-point polynomial algorithms in convex programming. SIAM, Philadelphia, 1993.Google Scholar
- 15.G. Pataki. Cone-lp’s and semidefinite programs: geometry and simplex-type method. In Lecture Notes in Computer Science, v. 1084, p. 162–174, 1996.Google Scholar
- 16.H. Sherali and W. Adams. A heirarchy of relaxations and convex hull representations for mixed zero-one programming problems. Tech. Rep., Virginia Tech., 1989.Google Scholar
- 19.TSPLIB: A library of sample instances for the TSP and related problems. Available at http://www.crpc.rice.edu/softlib/tsplib/.
- 20.W. Wolkowicz, R. Saigal, and L. Vandenberghe, editors. Handbook of Semidefinite Programming. Kluwer Acad. Publ., 2000.Google Scholar