A Combined Swarm Differential Evolution Algorithm for Optimization Problems
An algorithm that is a combination of the particle swarm and differential evolution algorithms is introduced. The results of testing this on a graduated set of trial problems is given. It is shown that the combined algorithm out performs both of the component algorithms under most conditions, in both absolute and computational load weighted terms.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- De Jong 1975. Analysis of the Behavior of a Class of Genetic Adaptive Systems. De Jong, K. A. Ph.D. Dissertation, Department of Computer and Communication Sciences, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA.Google Scholar
- Eberhart et al 1996. Eberhart. R. C., Dobbins, P., Simpson, P. Computational Intelligence PC Tools, Academic Press, Boston.Google Scholar
- Holland 1975. Adaption in Natural and Artificial Systems. Holland J. H. University of Michigan Press, Ann Arbor 1975.Google Scholar
- Kennedy and Eberhart 1999. The Particle Swarm: Social Adaptation in Information-Processing Systems. Chapter 25 in New Ideas in Optimization. David Corne, Marco Dorigo and Fred Glover Editors, McGraw-Hill Publishing Company, England 1999. ISBN 007 709506 5Google Scholar
- Price, Kenneth. 1999. An Introduction to Differential Evolution Chapter 6 in New Ideas in Optimization. David Corne, Marco Dorigo and Fred Glover Editors, McGraw-Hill Publishing Company, England 1999. ISBN 007 709506 5Google Scholar