High Scalability of Parallel PAM-CRASH with a New Contact Search Algorithm
The numerical simulation of crashworthiness plays an important role in the vehicle design-cycle. PAM-CRASH, from ESI, has been successfully exploited for industrial simulation on massively parallel systems. The most time critical part of the parallel simulation is the contact handling. ESI and GMD have developed a new contact search algorithm (CSA) . The implementation of this algorithm into PAM-CRASH leads to a better scalability. Results of measurements on a 128-processor SGI machine demonstrate the good performance of PAM-CRASH with CSA.
KeywordsGood Scalability Contact Part Parallel Platform Contact Intensity Contact Computing
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Elsner, B., Galbas, H. G., Goerg, B., Kolp, O., Lonsdale, G.: A Parallel Multi-level Contact Search Algorithm in Crashworthiness Simulation. Advances in Computational Structures Technology, Civil-Comp Press, Edingburgh, 1996.Google Scholar
- 2.Clinckemaillie, J., Elsner, B., Lonsdale, G., Meliciani, S., Vlachoutsis, S., de Bruyne, F., Holzner, M.: Performance Issues of the Parallel PAM-Crash Code. The International Journal of Comp. Applications and High Performance Comp., Vol. 11, No. 1, 1997.Google Scholar
- 3.Lonsdale, G., Elsner, B., Clinckemaillie, J., de Bruyne, F., Holzner, M.: Experiences with Industrial Crashworthiness Simulation Using the Portable, Messing-Passing PAM-CRASH Code, Lecture Notes in Computer Science 919, Springer-Verlag, 1995.Google Scholar
- 4.Thole, C.-A., Kolp, O., Galbas, H.G., Vlachoutsis, S., Werner, H., Wind, J., Clinckemaillie, J., Goebel, M.: SIM-VR Interactive Crash Simulation, Lecture Notes in Comp. Science and Engineering, Springer-Verlag, to appear.Google Scholar
- 5.Galbas, H.G., Kolp, O.: Dynamic Load Balancing in Crashworthiness Simulation. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, 1573, Vector and Parallel Processing-VECPAR’98, Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 1999.Google Scholar