iJADE IWShopper: A New Age of Intelligent Mobile Web Shopping System Based on Fuzzy-Neuro Agent Technology
Owing to the increasing number of mobile e-commerce applications using WAP technology, intelligent agent-based systems becoming a new trend of development in the new millennium. Traditional web-based agent systems suffer various degrees of deficiency in terms of the provision of ’intelligent’ software interfaces and light-weighted coding to be implemented in WAP devices. In this paper, we propose a comprehensive and intelligent-agent platform known as iJADE (intelligent Java Agent Development Environment) for the development of smart (via the implementation of ’Conscious Layer’), compact and highly mobile agent applications. From the implementation point of view, we introduce the iJADE IWShopper - an intelligent mobile web shopping system using fuzzy-neuro agent technology - the integration of WAP and Java Servlets technology with our iJADE APIs. Promising results in terms of agent mobility, fuzzy-neural shopping efficiency and effectiveness are obtained.
KeywordsMobile Agent Round Trip Time Fuzzy Neural Network Product Selection Shopping Agent
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Aglets. URL: http://www.trl.ibm.co.jp/aglets/.
- 2.Chan Henry, Lee Raymond, Dillon T. S. and Chang E. (Eds.): E-Commerce: Fundamentals and Applications. John Wiley & Sons Ltd., forthcoming (2001).Google Scholar
- 3.Lee R. S. T. and Liu J. N. K.: iJADE eMiner-A Web-based Mining Agent based on Intelligent Java Agent Development Environment (iJADE) on Internet Shopping. To appear in the Fifth Int’l Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining (PAKDD’2001). Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence series, Springer-Verlag (2001).Google Scholar
- 4.Lee R. S. T. and Liu J. N. K.: Fuzzy Shopper-A fuzzy network based shopping agent in Ecommerce environment. In Proc. of the International ICSC Symposium on Multi-Agents and Mobile Agents in virtual organizations and E-commerce (MAMA’2000), December 11–13, Wollongong, Australia (2000).Google Scholar
- 5.Lee R. S. T. and Liu J. N. K.: FAgent-An Innovative E-Shopping Authentication Scheme using Invariant Intelligent Face Recognition Agent. In Proc. of International Conference in Electronic Commerce (ICEC’2000), Seoul, Korea (2000) 47–53.Google Scholar
- 7.Lee, R. S. T. and Liu J. N. K.: Teaching and Learning the A. I. Modeling. In Innovative Teaching Tools: Knowledge-Based Paradigms (Studies in Fuzziness and Soft Computing 36), L. C. Jain (eds), Physica-Verlag, Springer (2000) 31–86.Google Scholar
- 8.Liu J. N. K. and Lee R. S. T.: Rainfall Forecasting from Multiple Point Source Using Neural Networks. In Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics (SMC’99), Vol. II, Tokyo, Japan (1999) 429–434.Google Scholar
- 9.Turban E., Lee J., King D. and Chung D. (Eds.): Electronic Commerce: A Managerial Perspective. Prentice Hall, (2000).Google Scholar
- 10.Odyssey URL: http://www.genmagic.com/.