Infinite-State High-Level MSCs: Model-Checking and Realizability
We consider three natural classes of infinite-state HMSCs: globally-cooperative, locally-cooperative and local-choice HMSCs. We show first that model-checking for globally-cooperative and locally-cooperative HMSCs has the same complexity as for the class of finite-state (bounded) HMSCs. Surprisingly, model-checking local-choice HMSCs turns out to be exponentially more efficient in space than for locally-cooperative HMSCs. We also show that locally-cooperative and local-choice HMSCs can be always implemented by communicating finite states machines, provided we allow some additional (bounded) message data. Moreover, the implementation of local-choice HMSCs is deadlock-free and of linear-size.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.ITU-TS recommendation Z.120, 1996.Google Scholar
- 2.R. Alur, K. Etessami, and M. Yannakakis. Inference of message sequence charts. In 22nd Int. Conf. on Software Engineering, pages 304–313. ACM, 2000.Google Scholar
- 3.R. Alur, K. Etessami, and M. Yannakakis. Realizability and verification of MSC graphs. In ICALP’01, LNCS 2076, pages 797–808, 2001.Google Scholar
- 5.R. Alur and M. Yannakakis. Model checking of message sequence charts. In CONCUR’99, LNCS 1664, pages 114–129, 1999.Google Scholar
- 7.B. Caillaud, P. Darondeau, L. Hélouët, and G. Lesventes. HMSCs as partial specifications... with PNs as completions. In MOVEP, 2000.Google Scholar
- 8.L. Hélouët and C. Jard. Conditions for synthesis of communicating automata from HMSCs. In 5th Int. Workshop on Formal Methods for Ind. Crit. Systems, 2000.Google Scholar
- 9.L. Hélouët and P. Le Maigat. Decomposition of Message Sequence Charts. In SAM2000, pages 46–60, 2000.Google Scholar
- 10.J. G. Henriksen, M. Mukund, K. Narayan Kumar, and P. Thiagarajan. On message sequence graphs and finitely generated regular msc languages. In ICALP’00, LNCS 1853, pages 675–686, 2000.Google Scholar
- 12.R. Morin. Recognizable Sets of Message Sequence Charts. In STACS’02, LNCS 2285, pages 523–534, 2002.Google Scholar
- 13.M. Mukund, K. Narayan Kumar, and M. Sohoni. Synthesizing distributed finite-state systems from MSCs. In CONCUR’00, LNCS 1877, pages 521–535, 2000.Google Scholar
- 14.A. Muscholl and D. Peled. Message sequence graphs and decision problems on Mazurkiewicz traces. In MFCS’99, LNCS 1672, pages 81–91, 1999.Google Scholar
- 15.E. Ochmański. Recognizable trace languages. In The Book of Traces, chapter 6, pages 167–204. World Scientific, Singapore, 1995.Google Scholar