A Content-Based Multimedia Database Engine: MIR
Content management of multimedia information is an important foundational technology for information society. Content-based multimedia database engine: MIR is a prototype that can be embedded into object-relational DBMS. In this paper, we present the architecture of MIR that integrates information retrieval with data retrieval into database query, supporting contentbased populating, manipulating and maintenances for multimedia database system. Then the data model describing visual features, content clues and spatiotemporal characteristics of multimedia data types is introduced, which provides an interval content-compression for multimedia data in database system. Finally, some content-based query schemes implemented in MIR are given.
KeywordsMultimedia Content Multimedia Data Dominant Color Multimedia Database Multimedia Information Retrieval
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Setrag Khoshafian, Brad Baker. “Multimedia and image database”. Morgan Kaufmann, 1995Google Scholar
- 2.Venkat N. Gudivada, Vijay V. Raghavan. “Content-Based Image Retrieval System”. IEEE Computer, Sept, (1995) 19–22Google Scholar
- 3.H.J. Zhang. “Video parsing, retrieval and browsing: a integrated and content-based solution. ACM Multimedia ‘95, (1995) 15–24Google Scholar
- 4.Myron Fliekner, et al. “Query by Image and Video Content: The QBIC system”. IEEE Computer, (1995) 23–32Google Scholar
- 5.G. Li and A. A. Khokhar, Content-based indexing and retrieval of audio data using wavelet, The IEEE international conf on multimedia and expro(ICME), New York (2000)885–888Google Scholar
- 6.G. Li, W. Liu and L. Chao. “A image retrieval approach based on color perception features”. Journal of Image and Graphics, 1999,4(3),248–251Google Scholar
- 7.L. Chao, W. Liu and G. Li. “Research and implementation of an image retrieval algorithm based on multiple dominant colors”. Journal of Computer Research and Development, 1999,36(1), 96–100Google Scholar
- 8.Lingqi Wu, G. Li. “Video structural browsing and querying system: Videowser”, Mini-micro System, 2002,22(1), pp112–115Google Scholar