An Error Resilience Algorithm for H.263++ Based Video Coding
Error resilience techniques have already been an important part of video coding in error prone environments. In this paper, an error resilience algorithm is proposed for compressed video sequences based on H.263++. It applies several techniques including data partitioning, reversible variable length coding (RVLC) etc. Compared with H.263++ Data Partitioned Slice Mode (DPS Mode), our proposed coder can be fully bi-directional decodable with more RVLC words as well as data partitioned packets introduced in the bitstream. In addition, a decoding model has been presented for it. Simulations show that the proposed method outperforms the conventional ones (H.263++ DPS Mode and H.263) in terms of PSNR under various error conditions, which significantly improves the quality of the reconstructed images.
KeywordsMotion Vector Video Code Transmission Error Error Concealment Head Error
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.ITU-T Recommendation H.263-Video Coding for Low Bit Rate Communication. Draft Recommendation H.263 version 2, 1998Google Scholar
- 2.ISO/IEC JTC1/SC29/WG11 14996-2, MPEG-4 Video Verification Model version 16.0, N3312, March 2000Google Scholar
- 3.Koji Imura✻, Yutaka Machida, Error Resilient Video Coding Schemes for Real-time and Low-bitrate Mobile Communications. Signal Processing: Image Communication 14(1999) 513–530Google Scholar
- 4.Yao Wang, Qin-Fan Zhu, Error Control and Concealment for Video Communication: A Review, Proceedings of the IEEE, vol.86, No.5, May 1998Google Scholar
- 7.John D. Villasenor, Proposed draft text for H.263 Annex V Data Partitioned Slice Mode, ITU-T document Q15-I-14, 1999Google Scholar