Review of Performance Analysis Tools for MPI Parallel Programs
- 446 Downloads
In order to produce MPI applications that perform well on today’s parallel architectures, programmers need effective tools for collecting and analyzing performance data. A variety of such tools, both commercial and research, are becoming available. This paper reviews and evaluations the available cross-platform MPI performance analysis tools.
KeywordsStatistical Preview Parallel Programming Model High Performance Computing Application Dynamic Instrumentation Analyze Performance Data
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.S. Browne, J. J. Dongarra, N. Garner, K. London and P. Mucci, A Scalable Cross-Platform Infrastructure for Application Performance Optimization Using Hardware Counters, SC’2000, Dallas, Texas, November 2000.Google Scholar
- 3.H. Brunst, M. Winkler, W. E. Nagel and H.-C. Hoppe, Performance Optimization for Large Scale Computing: The Scalable VAMPIR Approach, International Conferene on Computational Science (ICCS2001) Workshop on Tools and Environments for Parallel and Distributed Programming, San Francisco, CA, 2001.Google Scholar
- 5.I. Foster and N. Karonis, A Grid-Enabled MPI: Message Passing in Heterogeneous Distributed Computing Systems, SC’ 98, November 1998.Google Scholar
- 6.I. Foster and C. Kesselman, The Grid: Blueprint for a Future Computing Infrastructure, Morgan Kaufmann, 1998.Google Scholar
- 7.I. Kuck and Associates, The Guide View performance analysis tool, http://www.kai.com.
- 8.H. Simitci, Pablo MPI Instrumentation User’s Guide, Department of Computer Science, University of Illinois, 1996.Google Scholar
- 9.Y. Zhang, A User’s Guide to Pablo MPI I/O Instrumentation, Department of Computer Science, University of Illinois, 1999.Google Scholar