A Real-Time Animator for Hybrid Systems
In this paper, we present a real time animator for dynamical systems that can be modeled as hybrid automata i.e. standard finite automata extended with differential equations. We describe its semantic foundation and its implementation in Java and C using CVODE, a software package for solving ordinary differential equations. We show how the animator is interfaced with the UPPAAL tool to demonstrate the real time behavior of dynamical systems under the control of discrete components described as timed automata.
KeywordsHybrid System Erential Equation Operational Semantic Variable Assignment Hybrid Automaton
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- S. Cohen and A. Hindmarsh. Cvode, a stiff/nonstiff ode solver in c. Computers in Physics, 2(10):138–43, March–April 1996.Google Scholar
- P. D’Argenio, J.-P. Katoen, T. Ruys, and J. Tretmans. The bounded retransmission protocol must be on time! In Proceedings of the 3rd International Workshop on Tools and Algorithms for the Construction and Analysis of Systems, volume 1217 of LNCS, pages 416–431. Springer-Verlag, April 1997. Enschede, The Netherlands.Google Scholar
- K. Havelund, A. Skou, K. G. Larsen, and K. Lund. Formal modelling and analysis of an audio/video protocol: An industrial case study using uppaal. In Proceedings of the 18th IEEE Real-Time Systems Symposium, pages 2–13. IEEE, December 1997. San Francisco, California, USA.Google Scholar
- T. A. Henzinger. The theory of hybrid automata. In Proceedings of the 11th Annual IEEE Symposium on Logic on Computer Science (LICS 96), pages 278–292. IEEE, 1996.Google Scholar
- K. J. Kristoffersen, K. G. Larsen, P. Pettersson, and C. Weise. Experimental batch plant-vhs case study 1 using timed automata and uppaal. Deliverable of EPRIT-LTR Project 26270 VHS (Verification of Hybird Systems), 1999.Google Scholar
- M. Lindahl, P. Pettersson, and W. Yi. Formal design and analysis of a gear controller. In B. Steffen, editor, Proceedings of the 4th International Workshop on Tools and Algorithms for the Construction and Analysis of Systems, volume 1384 of LNCS, pages 281–297, 1999. Gulbenkian Foundation, Lisbon, Portugal.Google Scholar
- H. Lönn and P. Pettersson. Formal verification of a tdma protocol start-up mechanism. In Proceedings of 1997 IEEE Pacific Rim International Symposium on Fault-Tolerant Systems, pages 235–242. IEEE, December 1997. Taipei, Taiwan.Google Scholar