Key Recovery Attacks on NTRU without Ciphertext Validation Routine
NTRU is an efficient public-key cryptosystem proposed by Hoffstein, Pipher, and Silverman. Assuming access to a decryption oracle, we show ways to recover the private key of NTRU systems that do not include a ciphertext validating procedure. The strongest of our methods will employ just a single call to the oracle, and in all cases, the number of calls needed will be small enough to be realistic.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Consortium for Efficient Embedded Security, Efficient embedded security standards #1: Implementation aspects of NTRUEncrypt and NTRUSign. Draft version 5. Available from http://www.ceesstandards.org.Google Scholar
- 2.Daewan Han, Jin Hong, Jae Woo Han, and Daesung Kwon, Key recovery attacks on NTRU without ciphertext validation routine. IACR ePrint 2002/188. Available from http://eprint.iacr.org.Google Scholar
- 3.Jeffrey Hoffstein, Jill Pipher, and Joseph H. Silverman, NTRU: A ring-based public key cryptosystem. In Proc. of ANTS III, LNCS 1423. Springer-Verlag, 1998.Google Scholar
- 4.Jeffrey Hoffstein and Joseph Silverman, Optimizations for NTRU. In Public-Key Cryptogrphy and Computational Number Theory. DeGruyter, 2002. Available from .Google Scholar
- 5.Jeffrey Hoffstein and Joseph H. Silverman, Reaction attacks against the NTRU public key cryptosystem. Techinal report #015, NTRU Cryptosystems. Available from .Google Scholar
- 6.Jeffrey Hoffstein and Joseph H. Silverman, Protecting NTRU Against Chosen Ciphertext and Reaction Attacks, Technical Report #016, NTRU Cryptosystems. Available from .Google Scholar
- 7.IEEE Standard P1363.1/D4, Standard specifications for public key cryptography: Techniques based on hard problems over lattices, IEEE. Available from http://grouper.ieee.org/group/1363.Google Scholar
- 10.NTRU Cryptosystems, Technical reports. Available from http://www.ntru.com.Google Scholar
- 11.NTRU Cryptosystems, The NTRU public key cryptosystem — A tutorial. Available from http://www.ntru.com.Google Scholar