Regular Expressions with Timed Dominoes
We give a class of timed regular expressions that involve the use of colored parentheses for specifying timing constraints. The expressions are given in a matricial format, and their semantics is based upon an “overlapping concatenation” of timed words. We then give a calculus for emptiness checking of a regular expression, that does not go through translating expressions into timed automata. To this end we use the class of 2n-automata, studied in a parallel paper [Dim02] in connection with the problem of representing timing constraints.
KeywordsRegular Expression Action Symbol Time Automaton Time Binding Operator Clock Constraint
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- ACM97.E. Asarin, P. Caspi, and O. Maler. A Kleene theorem for timed automata. In Proceedings of LICS’97, pages 160–171, 1997.Google Scholar
- AD02.E. Asarin and C. Dima. Balanced timed regular expressions. In Proceedings of MTCS’02, 2002. extended version to be published in ENTCS vol. 68.Google Scholar
- Bel57.R. Bellmann. Dynamic Programming. Princeton University Press, 1957.Google Scholar
- BP99.P. Bouyer and A. Petit. Decomposition and composition of timed automata. In Proceedings of ICALP’99, volume 1644 of LNCS, pages 210–219, 1999.Google Scholar
- BP02.P. Bouyer and A. Petit. A Kleene/Büchi-like theorem for clock languages. Journal of Automata, Languages and Combinatorics, 2002. To appear.Google Scholar
- Con71.J.H. Conway. Regular Algebra and Finite Machines. Chapman and Hall, 1971.Google Scholar
- Dim99.C. Dima. Kleene theoremsfor event-clock automata. In Proceedings of FCT’99, volume 1684 of LNCS, pages 215–225, 1999.Google Scholar
- Dim01.C. Dima. An algebraic theory of real-time formal languages. PhD thesis, Université Joseph Fourier Grenoble, France, 2001.Google Scholar
- Dim02.C. Dima. Computing reachability relationsin timed automata. In Proceedings of LICS’02, pages177–186, 2002.Google Scholar
- Eil74.S. Eilenberg. Automata, Languages, and Machines, volume A. Academic Press, 1974.Google Scholar