An Infinite Prime Sequence Can Be Generated in Real-Time by a 1-Bit Inter-cell Communication Cellular Automaton
Part of the Lecture Notes in Computer Science book series (LNCS, volume 2450)
It is shown that an infinite prime sequence can be generated in real-time by a cellular automaton having 1-bit inter-cell communications.
KeywordsCellular Automaton Cellular Automaton Transition Rule Unit Speed Cellular Automaton Model
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.M. Arisawa: On the generation of integer series by the one-dimensional iterative arrays of finite state machines (in Japanese). The Trans. of IECE, 71/8 Vol.54-C, No.8, pp.759–766, (1971).Google Scholar
- 4.I. Korec: Real-time generation of primes by a one-dimensional cellular automaton with 11 states. Proc. of 22nd Intern. Symp. on MFCS’ 97, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, 1295, pp.358–367, (1997).Google Scholar
- 5.J. Mazoyer: A minimal time solution to the firing squad synchronization problem with only one bit of information exchanged. Technical report of Ecole Normale Superieure de Lyon, No.89-03, pp.51, April, (1989).Google Scholar
- 11.H. Umeo: Cellular Algorithms with 1-Bit Inter-Cell Communications. Proc. of MFCS’98 Satellite Workshop on Cellular Automata (Eds. T. Worsch and R. Vollmar), pp.93–104, Interner Bericht 19/98, University of Karlsruhe, (1998).Google Scholar
- 12.H. Umeo and M. Inada: A Design of Cellular Algorithms for 1-Bit Inter-Cell Communications. Proc. of the Fifth International Workshop on Parallel Image Analysis, IWPIA’97, pp.51–62, (1997).Google Scholar
- 15.T. Worsch: Linear Time Language Recognition on Cellular Automata with Restricted Communication, Proc. of LATIN 2000:Theoretical Informatics (Eds. G. H. Gonnet, D. Panario and A. Viola), LNCS 1776, pp.417–426, (2000).Google Scholar
© Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2003