Numerical Implicitization of Parametric Hypersurfaces with Linear Algebra
We present a new method for implicitization of parametric curves, surfaces and hypersurfaces usingessen tially numerical linear algebra. The method is applicable for polynomial, rational as well as trigonometric parametric representations. The method can also handle monoparametric families of parametric curves, surfaces and hypersurfaces with a small additional amount of human interaction. We illustrate the method with a number of examples. The efficiency of the method compares well with the other available methods for implicitization.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [Buc88] Bruno Buchberger. Applications of gröbner bases in non-linear computational geometry. In J. R. Rice, editor, Mathematical Aspects of Scientific Software, volume 14of IMA Volumes in Mathematics and its applications, pages 59–87. Springer-Verlag, 1988.Google Scholar
- [Gao00] Xiao-Shan Gao. Conversion between implicit and parametric representations of algebraic varieties. In Mathematics Mechanization and Applications, cademic Press, pages 1–17, 2000. personal communication, to appear.Google Scholar
- [GVL95] Gene H. Golub and Charles Van Loan. Matrix Computations. Johns Hopkins, 3rd edition, 1995.Google Scholar
- [GVT95] L. González-Vega and G. Trujillo. Implicitization of parametric curves and surfaces by usings ymmetric functions. In A.H.M. Levelt, editor, Proc. ISSAC-95, ACM Press, pages 180–186, Montreal, Canada, july 1995.Google Scholar
- [Hof89] Christoph M. Hoffmann. Geometric and Solid Modeling: An Introduction. Morgan Kaufmann Publishers, Inc. California, 1989.Google Scholar
- [Kal90] Michael Kalkbrener. Implicitization of rational parametric curves and surfaces. In S. Sakata, editor, Proc. AAECC-8, volume 508of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pages 249–259, Tokyo, Japan, august 1990.Google Scholar
- [Li89] Ziming Li. Automatic implicitization of parametric objects. Mathematics-Mechanization Research Preprints, 4:54–62, 1989.Google Scholar
- [LM94] Sandra Licciardi and Teo Mora. Implicitization of hypersurfaces and curves by the primbasissatz and basis conversion. In Mark Giesbrecht and Joachim von zur6Gathen, editors, Proc. ISSAC-94, ACM Press, pages 191–196, Oxford, England, april 1994.Google Scholar
- [SW98] J.R. Sendra and F. Winkler. Real parametrization of algebraic curves. In J. Calmet and J. Plaza, editors, Proc. AISC'98, volume 1476 of Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence, pages 284–295, Plattsburgh, New York, USA, september 1998.Google Scholar
- [Tro83] John L. Troutman. Variational Calculus with Elementary Convexity. Undergraduate Texts in Mathematics. Springer-Verlag, New York, 1983.Google Scholar
- [Wan95] Dongming Wang. Reasoning about geometric problems using an elimination method. In Jochen Pfalzgraf and Dongming Wang, editors, Automated Practical Reasoning Algebraic Approaches, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pages 147–185, Tokyo, Japan, 1995.Google Scholar