Perfect Model Checking via Unfold/Fold Transformations
We show how unfold/fold program transformation techniques may be used for proving that a closed first order formula holds in the perfect model of a logic program with locally stratified negation. We present a program transformation strategy which is a decision procedure for some given classes of programs and formulas.
KeywordsLogic Program Transformation Rule Predicate Symbol Perfect Model Program Transformation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.R. M. Burstall and J. Darlington. A transformation system for developing recursive programs. JACM, 24(1):44–67, January 1977.Google Scholar
- 5.W. Chen and D. S. Warren. Tabled evaluation with delaying for general logic programs. JACM, 43(1), 1996.Google Scholar
- 6.K. L. Clark. Negation as failure. In H. Gallaire and J. Minker (eds.) Logic and Data Bases, 293–322. Plenum Press, New York, 1978.Google Scholar
- 7.H. Comon and R. Nieuwenhuis. Induction = I-axiomatization + first-order consistency. Information and Computation. (To appear).Google Scholar
- 9.E. A. Emerson. Temporal and modal logic. In J. van Leuveen (ed.) Handbook of Theoretical Computer Science, volume B, 997–1072. Elsevier, 1990.Google Scholar
- 10.J. Engelfriet. Tree Automata and Tree Grammars. DAIMI FN-10, Department of Computer Science, University of Aarhus, Denmark, April 1975.Google Scholar
- 11.L. Kott. Unfold/fold program transformation. In M. Nivat and J.C. Reynolds (eds.) Algebraic Methods in Semantics, 411–434. Cambridge University Press, 1985.Google Scholar
- 12.J. W. Lloyd. Foundations of Logic Programming. Springer-Verlag, 1987. 2nd Ed.Google Scholar
- 16.M. O. Rabin. Decidability of second-order theories and automata on infinite trees. Transactions of the American Mathematical Society, 141:1–34, July 1969.Google Scholar
- 17.A. Roychoudhury, K. Narayan Kumar, C.R. Ramakrishnan, I.V. Ramakrishnan, and S. A. Smolka. Verification of parametrized systems using logic program transformations. In Proc. TACAS 2000, LNCS 1785, 172–187. Springer, 2000.Google Scholar
- 18.Y.S. Ramakrishna, C. R. Ramakrishnan, I. V. Ramakrishnan, S. A. Smolka, T. Swift, and D. S. Warren. Efficient model checking using tabled resolution. In Proc. CAV’ 97, LNCS 1254, 143–154. Springer, 1997.Google Scholar
- 20.H. Tamaki and T. Sato. Unfold/fold transformation of logic programs. In Proceedings of ICLP’84, 127–138. Uppsala University, Sweden, 1984.Google Scholar