ADEPT Workflow Management System
In this tool presentation we give an overview of the ADEPT workflow management system (WfMS), which is one of the few available research prototypes dealing with enterprise-wide, adaptive work- flow (WF) management. ADEPT offers sophisticated modeling concepts and advanced features, like temporal constraint management, ad-hoc WF changes, WF schema evolution, synchronization of inter-workflow dependencies, and scalability. We sketch these features and describe how they have been realized within ADEPT. In addition, we show which tools and interfaces are offered to developers and users in this context. ADEPT follows a holistic approach, i.e., the described concepts have not been implemented in an isolated fashion only, but are treated in conjunction with each other by integrating them within one WfMS.
KeywordsTemporal Constraint Graph Transformation Interaction Expression Change Operation Research Prototype
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Bassil, S., Benyoucef, M., Keller, R., Kropf, P.: Addressing dynamism in enegotiations by workflow management systems. In: Proc. DEXA Workshop. (2002)Google Scholar
- 2.Dadam, P., Reichert, M., Kuhn, K.: Clinical workflows — the killer application for process-oriented information systems? In: Proc. 4th Int’l Conf. on Business Information Systems (BIS’ 00), Poznan, Poland (2000) 36–59Google Scholar
- 3.Müller, R., Rahm, E.: Dealing with logical failures for collaborating workflows. In: Proc. Int’l 5th Conf. on Coop. Inf. Sys., Eilat (2000) 210–223Google Scholar
- 4.Heinlein, C.: Workflow and process synchronization with interaction expressions and graphs. In: Proc. Int’l Conf. Data Eng., Heidelberg (2001) 243–252Google Scholar
- 5.Reichert, M., Dadam, P.: ADEPTflex-supporting dynamic changes of workflows without losing control. JIIS 10 (1998) 93–129Google Scholar
- 6.Reichert, M., Dadam, P., Bauer, T.: Dealing with backward and forward jumps in workflow management systems. Int’l Journal Software and Systems Modeling 2 (2003)Google Scholar
- 7.Bauer, T., Dadam, P.: Efficient distributed workflow management based on variable server assignments. In: Proc. CAiSE’ 00, Stockholm (2000) 94–109Google Scholar
- 8.Bauer, T., Reichert, M., Dadam, P.: Intra-subnet load balancing in distributed workflow management systems. Int’l Journal of Cooperative Information Systems (accepted for publication)Google Scholar
- 9.Greiner, U., Rahm, E.: WebFlow: A system for the flexible execution of web-based, cooperative workflows (in German). In: Proc. Database Systems For Business, Technology and Web (BTW’2003), Leipzig (2003)Google Scholar