Part of the Lecture Notes in Mathematics book series (LNM, volume 1815)
Characters of symmetric groups and free cumulants
We investigate Kerov’s formula expressing the normalized irreducible characters of symmetric groups evaluated on a cycle, in terms of the free cumulants of the associated Young diagrams.
KeywordsSymmetric Group Cayley Graph Young Diagram Formal Power Series Group Algebra
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [B]Biane, P.:Representations of symmetric groups and free probability.Adv. Math.,138, 126–181 (1998)Google Scholar
- [IO]Ivanov, V., Olshanski, G.: Kerov’s central limit theorem for the Plancherel measure on Young diagrams.Preprint (June2001)Google Scholar
- [K2]Kerov, S.V.: Talk at IHP conference (January2000)Google Scholar
- [LS]Lascoux, A., Schützenberger, M.P.: Treillis et bases des groupes de Coxeter. Electron.J.Combin.3, no.2, Research paper 27, 35 pp.(1996)Google Scholar
- [Mo]Molev, A.I.: Stirling partitions of the symmetric group and Laplace operators for the orthogonal Lie algebra.Proceedings of the 7th Conference on Formal Power Series and Algebraic Combinatorics (Noisy-le-Grand,1995).Discrete Math.,180, no.1–3, 281–300 (1998)Google Scholar
- [O]Okounkov, A.:Private communication (January2001)Google Scholar
- [Sp]Speicher, R.: Combinatorial Theory of the Free Product with Amalgamation and Operator-Valued Free Probability Theory.Memoirs of the AMS,627 (1998)Google Scholar
- [St1]Stanley, R.:Private communication (May2001)Google Scholar
- [St2]Stanley, R.:Irreducible symmetric group characters of rectangular shape. Preprint (September 2001)Google Scholar
- [SW]Speicher, R., Woroudi, R.:Boolean independence.In:Voiculescu, D.(ed)Free probability, Fields Institue Communications, 267–280 (1996)Google Scholar
© Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2003