Scalability Analysis of Audio-Visual Person Identity Verification
In this work, we present a multimodal identity verification system based on the fusion of the face image and the text independent speech data of a person. The system conciliates the monomodal face and speaker verification algorithms by fusing their respective scores. In order is evaluated at various sizes of the face and speech user template. The user template size is a key parameter when the storage space is limited like in a smart card. Our experimental results show that the multimodal fusion allows to reduce significantly the user template size while keeping a satisfactory level of performance. Experiments are performed on the newly recorded multimodal database BANCA.
KeywordsLinear Discriminant Analysis Face Image Gaussian Mixture Model Smart Card Speaker Verification
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- P. Belhumeur, J. Hespanha and D. Kriegman, “Face recognition: Eigenfaces vs. Fisherfaces: Recognition using class specific projection”, IEEE Trans. Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, 19(7), 1997.Google Scholar
- S. Bengio, F. Bimbot, J. Mariethoz, V. Popovici, F. Porée, E. Bailly-Balliere, G. Matas and B. Ruiz “Experimental protocol on the BANCA database” Technical Report IDIAP-RR 02-05, IDIAP, 2002.Google Scholar
- A. Jain, R. Bolle and S. Pankanti “Biometrics: personal identification in a networked society”, Kluwer Academic Publishers, 1999.Google Scholar
- K. Messer, J. Matas, J. Kittler, J. Luettin and G. Maitre “XM2VTSDB: The extended M2VTS database” in Proc. of Int. Conf. on Audio and Video based Biometric Person Authentication, Washington, USA, 1999.Google Scholar
- A. Ross, A. Jain and J.-Z. Qian “Information fusion in Biometrics” in Proc. of Int. Conf. on Audio and Video based Biometric Person Authentication, Halmstad, Sweden, 2001.Google Scholar
- R. Sanchez-Reillo “Including Biometric Authentication in a smart card operating system”, Int. Conf. on Audio-and Video-based Person Authentication, Halmstad, Sweden, 2001.Google Scholar